• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone give a quick lesson using #7 with the G100a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone give a quick lesson using #7 with the G100a

Im looking to learn the correct method of applying #7 and removal(or hand removeal,if its better) with the G100a,i did three of my cars with#80 and 2x nxt wax, after reading a great write up on the correct method of applying 83 and 80.now i want to master #7 and get that show car glaze ....

Well, ourbail,

I lay down the #7 (or #81) after the #80 and before the NXT. I use a finishing pad, the W-9006, and a low speed. You are "carressing" the paint.

#7 doesn't really dry completely. When removing it, I have a super-soft cotton terry towel in one hand (the Martha Stewart 4-star towels from KMart, white with no embellishments), and a medium nap, medium quality mf towel in the other (a long napped, high quality mf towel removes too much product). I make a couple passes with the terry towel with just enough pressure to cut the skin of the product a few times, then mop up what's left with the mf towel. Paradoxically, you do a better job of getting it off by trying less hard to remove it. It wipes right off if you don't press hard.

You don't have to get every little last bit of the product off if you are going to be finishing with a LSP; the LSP will cover and remove the little bits you left.

Hope this helps,

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Check out this thread, and the corresponding link.

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

This guy's question was:
      I am unable to find the post from Mike Philips posted (which was possibly on show car garage or art of polish) regarding the use of #7 before working older paint. What is Mike's process for using #7? Further, I was wondering if this would work in my situation and if #81 could be substituted?

Comment

Hey,

Applying #7 with a G-100 is a little tricky at times. Just keep the speed low around 3, and apply with over-lapping passes. As the others have said, there is no need to work it in per se, just ensure total coverage.

I prefer to apply and remove #7 one panel at a time.

Cheers!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');