• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it ok to use scratchx with the g100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it ok to use scratchx with the g100

picked up some scratch x. is this ok to use with the g100 for scratch removal,and would i get the same end effect by using scratchx,then #80,then 2x nxt or should i buy some #83, then go 83,80,then 2x nxt, basically im wondering if the small bottle of scratchx is an ok subistute for #83 for which i really dont need a huge bottle of, only have a few scratches in my wifes car than i will try to fix,hope this makes sense to all you pros..

if u have a G100, just use #80, you will probably get better results than scratch X.

scratch X will gum up real easily if u use the G100 with it.

Comment

I'd hit the scratches up with the scratch x by hand first, then go over the entire vehicle with #80 via pc. Just treat the isolated areas and blend it all together with the 80.

Comment

thanks guys,im always learning....

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
          I'd hit the scratches up with the scratch x by hand first, then go over the entire vehicle with #80 via pc. Just treat the isolated areas and blend it all together with the 80.
          I agree. The above is a great technique. Here's why, believe it or not, for deeper scratches or below surface defects, you can often times remove these defects faster and more efficiently by hand using ScratchX than by using a dual action polisher. The reason why is because by hand you can exert a lot of pressure to a small area, this allows you to focus all our efforts to the defect.

The dual action polisher applies equal pressure to a foam pad with a 6" diameter surface which dissipates your pressure and spreads the cleaning/abrading action over a larger area.

Because the dual action polisher is capable of producing a nicer looking finish than you can achieve by hand, using a combination of hand and machine will produce the results you want the most effectively.

Spot clean with ScratchX, (remove below surface defects), then re-polish those areas along with the entire car for a flawless finish.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');