• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC used for removal of product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC used for removal of product

Ok, I'm real close to purchasing a PC but before I do I want to make sure I know all about it. I have a black 2004 Chevy Silverado, I plan on doing the following in this order. 1. Clay entire truck, 2.#9 swirl remover, 3.#81 hand polish, 4.NXT wax. Now my question is can all those be applied and removed with the PC or should I use a microfiber for removal. Also the hand polish, #81 doesnt say anything about machine application, so do I have to do hand application for that. Thanks for the help.

Adam

I prefer to only remove wax with my pc using an Ultimate Bonnet.

As for the Hand Polish and the PC I use speed 3 on my pc.

Check the speed chart in this post: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=2524

It recommends 2-4 for the hand polish.

Also you might watch the video "Power Polishing Clinic" at this link: http://www.meguiars.com/clinics/clinics_template.cfm
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey,

Yes you can use the PC to remove products. As Gb mentioned, you can use the Meguiar's Ultimate Bonnet over a clean W-8006 Polishing pad to remove the products. I too prefer removing polishes and glazes by hand with a MF towel, and use the Bonnet/PC for removing the wax/sealant. I usually turn the PC to speed 5 for removal.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

The Ultimate Bonnet is also MF and is the least likely to scratch or swirl paint. It's the only thing I could use on the fiberglass hood of my black Ram Air TA that would not scratch or swirl it!

IMHO, the Ultimate Bonnets are mandatory for black paint.

I would like to see somebody try and give recommendations for machine application of NXT Paste Wax.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

So it's best to apply the products with the PC and remove polishes by hand with MF and wax removal with PC and bonnet right

Comment

Hey,

I would agree that is my preference. I have found that using a bonnet for wax/sealant removal adds a little more pop to the finish, IMHO!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
              The Ultimate Bonnet is also MF and is the least likely to scratch or swirl paint. It's the only thing I could use on the fiberglass hood of my black Ram Air TA that would not scratch or swirl it!

IMHO, the Ultimate Bonnets are mandatory for black paint.

I would like to see somebody try and give recommendations for machine application of NXT Paste Wax.

RamAirV1
              Having removed wax by hand and now with the PC and some UB's I would agree with RamAir. I was skeptical at first but now I am a believer!

I started with the least aggressive product as Meguiars suggests. On my next order is #80 to try and fix a couple spots that bother me.

I have had my truck just over a year now and have found good quality wash mits/towels make all the difference in maintaining the apperance and not adding problems to black. Things like the UB, waffle weave drying towels and so on really help.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Yeah, when I bought my wash mitt It was the most expensive one at Wal-Mart, I beleive it's lambs wool, very soft. Looks just like the one in the Megs catalog. For drying I use a (I think) english chamois. seems to do a real nice job. Btw the soap I use is GC car shampoo. I need to get a grit guard, do any chain auto part stores carry them, pep boys, auto zone, O'reilly's etc...?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');