• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long would i work a 2x2 area with nxt wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mike for the reply .A wealth of information is learned from this great forum and the great members including yourself that take the time to teach and share you experiances,thanks again and would love to attend a clinic if you guys ever have one in the bay area..

Comment

Too thin on the NXT?

Just did #80 followed by first coat of NXT on a white Honda CR-V. For my first time, not too bad; the improvement from the #80 actually makes the remaining scratches stand out more, but I'm happy for now. Where I was absolutely amazed was the #80 on the plastic parts: the body-color side mirrors and the bezel around the rear license plate. I don't know if these are white plastic or painted as well, I suspect the former since they seem to oxidize quicker, but the #80 did an amazing job bringing them back.

Put the NXT liquid wax on with the 8006 at speed setting #4 on the PC. Seems like the pad was just eating up the wax and before going far at all, it had spread so thin that that pad was actually removing the wax. I started just leaving the PC on the car with one hand and squirting wax on the car right with the other hand as I moved along because I was having to stop and put more wax on the pad so often. Seemed to work OK.

Switched to a clean 8006 and ultimate bonnet and what thin NXT that was on the car came right off.

Questions:

1. How thin can/should you go with the NXT? I would use up an entire "X" on the pad per body panel and it still seemed like I didn't get enough coverage.

2. Anything wrong with the technique of just putting the wax on the car in the path of the PC to move more quickly?

3. Can I use the firm white foam pad that came with the 7336 with the ultimate bonnet for removal? I used another 8006 this time, but does the firmness of that stock pad create any risks when it is covered by the bonnet?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi ntaylor,

I just finished the Corvette Class and after filling out some paper work, I'll be heading home for the day, (about a 2-3 hour drive), I will try to answer this question and many of the other questions as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, it's amazing how fast you keep up with all of these questions, take as much time as you need. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');