• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What product to buy for the DA Polisher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What product to buy for the DA Polisher?

I saw some videos just saying using compound and your fav wax (i.e. Gold Class or NX). Also some some posts here where people say just use the yellow and black pads and not the cutting pads.

I saw some deals on Amazon where they are talking about using the following:
    mirror glaze
    red pads

Anyone have any experience with these?

Or should I just buy the buffer and some yellow/black pads with my current NX wax. Wanted to get a great shine, so maybe I need the mirror glaze?

Re: What product to buy for the DA Polisher?

I only use the cutting (red) pad with a microfiber bonnet to remove wax. Does a very good job. Just remember the bonnets are reversible. Approximately every1/4 of the car give yourself a clean side. Depending on the size of your vehicle, you will need a minimum of 2 bonnets.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by pdude View Post
      I saw some videos just saying using compound and your fav wax (i.e. Gold Class or NX). Also some some posts here where people say just use the yellow and black pads and not the cutting pads.

I saw some deals on Amazon where they are talking about using the following:
      mirror glaze
      red pads

Anyone have any experience with these?

Or should I just buy the buffer and some yellow/black pads with my current NX wax. Wanted to get a great shine, so maybe I need the mirror glaze?

Mirror Glaze is a Pro Line of Items. There are many different products within the line. Look at the catalog here to see what I mean, it is all the items in the tan bottles:

It is suggested to not use the Red Pads with the DA as it can leave behind micro marring. If you are just starting out, I would suggest just getting the yellow polishing and black finishing pads, and some Ultimate Compound should work well.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Thanks! I have a 2 year old black car which is still in pretty good shape, but wanted to really bring the shine out.

Any thought on a good polisher and compound to use? I've normally just tried a product and checked to see if it worked. I've seen a few on the website.

Also on the mirror gaze, is there any thoughts on using that vs. NX?

Comment

Get the polisher, order some M205, 2 yellow pads, a black pad for your wax and call it a day! and if you cant get a hold of some M205.. some ultimate compound will do great things for you as well. great deal for about 8 bucks at walmart
          - Markito -

Comment

Oh cool! Will most likely do the following:

Ultimate Compound (Yellow pad) (though I don't think it needs it... 2 year old Black BMW car)
            Deep Crystal Polish (Yellow pad)
            NXT Wax (Black pad)

Comment

Red cutting pad is not optimal for DA because there's not enough power to do serious cutting. Yellow pads are good enough for cleaning and polishing using DA.
              I would recommend Ultimate Compound (for serious defects), Swirl X (for medium/small jobs), Gold Class Carnauba Plus (best shine for black cars) and Tech Wax 2.0 (longest lasting wax, easily up to 3 months for vehicles parked outdoors 24/7). I live in New York so before winter I do 2 layers of wax: Tech Wax 2.0 followed by Carnauba Plus next day.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');