• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G-100A just ordered, have a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-100A just ordered, have a question...

Okay,
    So i ordered my G-100a over the weekend. I cant wait until it gets here. My question is, when i apply the wax on the car with the polisher, how exactly do i take it off?

Does it have anything to do with an "utlimate bonnet"? and if so, did i get one of those when i ordered?

Im not sure if i have to remove the wax by hand or still use the polisher.

thanks!

i guess this message is aimed more at mike, thanks mike!
    2010 Black M3 Sedan

You take it off by hand still... unless you ordered a Ultimate Bonnet or two or three. They work great for removing wax. If you just ordered a G100A then you more than likely did not get a UB with the order. Is this what you ordered?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
      You take it off by hand still... unless you ordered a Ultimate Bonnet or two or three. They work great for removing wax. If you just ordered a G100A then you more than likely did not get a UB with the order. Is this what you ordered?
      yes thats what i ordered...hopefully it will arrive today!

thanks
      2010 Black M3 Sedan

Comment

Re: G-100A just ordered, have a question...

Originally posted by JackMan017
        Okay,
        So i ordered my G-100a over the weekend. I cant wait until it gets here. My question is, when i apply the wax on the car with the polisher, how exactly do i take it off?
        Hi Jack,

After applying and allowing the wax to dry, you can remove it either by hand or by machine, either works great when using a microfiber polishing cloth.

Does it have anything to do with an "utlimate bonnet"? and if so, did i get one of those when i ordered?
        The G-100 does not automatically comes with any Ultimate Bonnets, you need to order these seperate.

Here are some pictures of the bonnet in action...

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: G-100A just ordered, have a question...

Originally posted by JackMan017
          Hi, have a couple question for you. Should i apply scratch X to a brand new silver mustang or just skip the scratch x and go directly to the NXT wax?
          If your Mustang is brand new, it shouldn't need a paint cleaner as long as the finish has been taken care of properly and the car has not been left parked outdoors.

The sad truth is, that many times, brand new cars come with what is called the DISO, or "Dealer Installed Swirl Option". This happens from improper machine buffing or washing and wiping with tatty or contaminated materials. So it is possible that a brand new car could use a paint cleaner to remove defects, but lets hope that's not the case with your car.

If the car has been parked outside on the dealer lot, depending on how long it has been exposed to the outdoors, it is possible that it could need claying.

I am all done with the prep work on the mustang. I.e. wash, clay, wash, dry off. My mustang is ready for a base wax/polish/coat.

I'm just not sure if i should use the scratch x or not. It seems that i have ever so slightly missed a few spots with the clay bar but very little.

If you have missed a few spots with the clay bar, you can either hit them again with the clay bar, or use the ScratchX for these areas. Clay bars tend to work best for removing above surface bonded contaminants, but paint cleaners like ScratchX will also remove above surface contaminants.

I have the G-100. Is it okay to apply both scratch x and NXT with the polisher? When i say apply, i mean use different applicator pads for both the NXT and scratch x.
          ScratchX is not formulated to be applied by machine. It tends to become gummy when heated up and this can make it difficult to remove. Not always, but sometimes. You can try it if you like, but I would do just a small panel as a test section first. If it is difficult to remove, mist on some Quik Detailer and this will help you to remove it. A better paint cleaner for use by machine for light cleaning would the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, (chemical only, not diminishing abrasives), or some Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner, or even some #80 Speed Glaze.

What speeds are good to use on the polisher?
          For applying paint cleaners, use a speed of 4.0 to 5.0, faster for more aggressive cleaning, slower for less aggressive cleaning.

For Applying waxes other than cleaner/waxes, use the 3.0 setting with a finishing pad.

thanks Mike!!
          jack
          Your welcome, I hope I was able to help.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I might have to add that when using the ultimate bonnet to remove the wax, polish or cleaner, you have to wrap it around a clean/new pad so that it wouldn't contaminate the ultimate bonnet.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');