• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good kit to start out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good kit to start out?

First timer here. I'll be using these on my 2009 Murano. The car is Black and has very minor swirls and scratches (I just got it less than a month) so I believe I don't need any of the cutting pads. Is the backing plate, W67DA, compatible with the new Meg's 7" Soft Buff 2.0? I tried not to get carried away to over spend on my first try, but feel free to correct me.

The Meguiar's G110 Dual-Action Polisher Kit Includes:

- Meguiar's G110 Polisher with 1-year factory warranty
    - One Meguiar's W67DA Velcro backing plate
    - Two Meguiar's W8207 Foam Polishing Pad
    - One Meguiar's W9207 Foam Finishing Pad
    - 3-Pack of Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels
    - One FREE Meguiar's Duffle Bag!
    - One FREE Meguiar's M20512 Ultra Finishing Polish!

$170 Total......good buy?

I will be using:

clay bar, SwirlX/ScratchX 2.0, Deep Crystal Polish, NXT Tech 2.0 paste

Anything else? Any alternatives suggestion to the above products?

Thanks.

Re: Is this a good kit to start out?

I just purchased the exact same kit three or four weeks ago. Sounds like you have a good process, maybe purchase a good quality car wash such as Gold Class. Be sure to also use good quality washing/drying tools.

You could also use your M205 and if that is not aggressive enough then use your SwirlX.

In the future you could get the W68 backing plate which is made for the SoftBuff 2.0 pads. But the W67 will work fine with the 2.0 pads. Also get maybe more polishing and finishing pads on your next purchase as well.

Your off to a great start. post some pics when your done.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
      I just purchased the exact same kit three or four weeks ago. Sounds like you have a good process, maybe purchase a good quality car wash such as Gold Class. Be sure to also use good quality washing/drying tools.

You could also use your M205 and if that is not aggressive enough then use your SwirlX.

In the future you could get the W68 backing plate which is made for the SoftBuff 2.0 pads. But the W67 will work fine with the 2.0 pads. Also get maybe more polishing and finishing pads on your next purchase as well.

Your off to a great start. post some pics when your done.
      Is the Turtle Wax ICE shampoo good enough 'cause I still have a half bottle left. I'll definitely switch to Megs in the future though. I'll play around with the M205 first and decide from there. I'll keep that new plate in mind also. Pics will be post of course, but it has to look good first

Thanks man.

Comment

definitely a good buy.

over here costs me more,just for the polisher

Comment

Ok, I'm ready to order today and need your last minute advice. There's a few questions that I need to hear from you guys.

1) Has the reliability issue been improved/fixed with the new batches of the G110? There were quite a few of G110 that has stopped running stories here so I just wanna know if Meguiar took care of the issue.

2) With the Kit below, will ADS let me get 2 black pads instead of 2 yellow pads? I think I'll be using the black finishing pads more than the yellow.

3) Are there going to be any 4th of July sale with ADS? Should I wait then before ordering?

4) How is this kit?

MEGUIAR'S EXPRESS KIT:

Meguiar's G110
          W67DA backing plate
          2 - 7" Soft Buff 2.0 Yellow
          1 - 7" Soft Buff 2.0 Black
          3-Pack of Meg's Supreme Shine MF Towels
          1 Free Meguiar's Duffle Bag
          1 Free Meguiar's M205

I'm adding these for the smaller panels:

Buff & Shine 3.5" Velcro Backing Plate
          LC 4" CCS Black Light Polishing Pad

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
            Ok, I'm ready to order today and need your last minute advice. There's a few questions that I need to hear from you guys.

1) Has the reliability issue been improved/fixed with the new batches of the G110? There were quite a few of G110 that has stopped running stories here so I just wanna know if Meguiar took care of the issue.
            The issue is not necessarily with the machine alone, but how you use it and care for it's upkeep. Use at least a 14 gauge extension cord and try to keep the length of the cord as short as possible.

2) With the Kit below, will ADS let me get 2 black pads instead of 2 yellow pads? I think I'll be using the black finishing pads more than the yellow.
            Polishing pads are used more than finishing pads on most jobs. I would stick with a ratio of 3:1 or even 4:1 (polishing to finishing). In fact, it wouldn't hurt if you ordered an additional polishing pad or two.

3) Are there going to be any 4th of July sale with ADS? Should I wait then before ordering?
            Gotta ask Rick. Shoot him an email at meguiarsaz@cox.net.

4) How is this kit?

MEGUIAR'S EXPRESS KIT:

Meguiar's G110
            W67DA backing plate
            2 - 7" Soft Buff 2.0 Yellow
            1 - 7" Soft Buff 2.0 Black
            3-Pack of Meg's Supreme Shine MF Towels
            1 Free Meguiar's Duffle Bag
            1 Free Meguiar's M205

I'm adding these for the smaller panels:

Buff & Shine 3.5" Velcro Backing Plate
            LC 4" CCS Black Light Polishing Pad

Thanks guys.
            Looks good for a starter. Definitely a good price. I would add another 3 pack of supreme shines and another 2 polishing pads, maybe one more finishing pad.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
              The issue is not necessarily with the machine alone, but how you use it and care for it's upkeep. Use at least a 14 gauge extension cord and try to keep the length of the cord as short as possible.

Polishing pads are used more than finishing pads on most jobs. I would stick with a ratio of 3:1 or even 4:1 (polishing to finishing). In fact, it wouldn't hurt if you ordered an additional polishing pad or two.

Gotta ask Rick. Shoot him an email at meguiarsaz@cox.net.

Looks good for a starter. Definitely a good price. I would add another 3 pack of supreme shines and another 2 polishing pads, maybe one more finishing pad.
              Thanks Clearcoated. I'm thinking of using the M205 for polishing and I heard the finishing black pad is better unless I'm wrong. Also, I've included the smaller plate and pad on my order for the isolated scratches/swirls job. I'll be using the 4" pad for the correction and finish it off with the 7" Black finishing pad. What do you think?

Comment

First timer here. I'll be using these on my 2009 Murano. The car is Black and has very minor swirls and scratches (I just got it less than a month) so I believe I don't need any of the cutting pads. Is the backing plate, W67DA, compatible with the new Meg's 7" Soft Buff 2.0? I tried not to get carried away to over spend on my first try, but feel free to correct me.

The Meguiar's G110 Dual-Action Polisher Kit Includes:

- Meguiar's G110 Polisher with 1-year factory warranty
                - One Meguiar's W67DA Velcro backing plate
                - Two Meguiar's W8207 Foam Polishing Pad
                - One Meguiar's W9207 Foam Finishing Pad
                - 3-Pack of Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels
                - One FREE Meguiar's Duffle Bag!
                - One FREE Meguiar's M20512 Ultra Finishing Polish!

$170 Total......good buy?

I will be using:

clay bar, SwirlX/ScratchX 2.0, Deep Crystal Polish, NXT Tech 2.0 paste

Anything else? Any alternatives suggestion to the above products?

Thanks.
                I bought this same kit a few weeks ago myself and added....

NXT 2.0 wax (HD had it on sale local)
                The clay kit via ADS
                M205 32oz via ADS
                M105 12oz via ADS
                More quick detailing stuff via autozone
                Of course all the tire dressing...etc of your choice.

Comment

Thanks Clearcoated. I'm thinking of using the M205 for polishing and I heard the finishing black pad is better unless I'm wrong. Also, I've included the smaller plate and pad on my order for the isolated scratches/swirls job. I'll be using the 4" pad for the correction and finish it off with the 7" Black finishing pad. What do you think?
                  For your immediate application (your own vehicle) it sounds good, if your paint condition is already in really good condition with only light swirls. Just remember that the finishing pad is very soft with very limited cutting ability. I'm preparing to detail my car's finish in another week and that's the route (finishing pad with M205) that I plan to take. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');