• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for Starting Out on G110 Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommendations for Starting Out on G110 Purchase

Comment

If you get the kit from Rick and try the pads (2 yellow Meg's and 1 black Meg's) you will be satisfied. Bounty once told me to give those a shot and see if that works, if not get some of the other pads. I got the kit from ADS and I have only needed another type of pad one time and that was on a really stubborn set of water etching. I didn't get the pad because I was working on a daily driver and realized it was not going to be perfect, but real close. Just my two cents.
      RG Curtis
      U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

The kit from ADS comes with the W67 backing plate. If you wanted too you could get the W68 backing plate since it was made specifically for the SoftBuff 2.0 pads.

I myself am gonna order the W68 soon but so far the W67 is giving me great results .
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

But I would need a different backing plate and adapter for the smaller LCC pads, correct? I didn't realize that you needed the W68 for soft buff pads.

Lot of info here, I can see how you can easily drop $3-$500!

Comment

the w68 is not needed, but made specifically for the new pads....depending on how small CCS pads you get will make a new backing plate needed...

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
              But I would need a different backing plate and adapter for the smaller LCC pads, correct? I didn't realize that you needed the W68 for soft buff pads.

Lot of info here, I can see how you can easily drop $3-$500!
              you dont need the W68 for soft buff 2.0 pads.

the W67 will work fine.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                Not for the 5-5.5" pads, if you want to use 4" pads you'll need one of these:

Which you can get from AutoDetailingSolutions.com
                Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jun 13, 2009, 10:46 PM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');