• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pad selection??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad selection??

Forgive me if this question has been asked 1000 times. I am a complete novice (at 49 y/o), never used a polisher before. My current ride necessitates it, my first in black. Normally I polish/wax, wax,wax during the year...I'm finding out that I may have to add a process with black, need to minimize the work for my aging bones. Going to buy the G110, just need to know, what pad to apply mild polish, what pad for wax and what pad if any is recommended for removal. Thanks for any input.
    2007 Black Trailblazer SS, SLP Long Tube Headers, Corsa Sport cat-back, IEATSRT8 CAI, Performance tune by TuneTime Performance, Toms River
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpRSPbg1yOk

Re: Pad selection??

For applying waxes and protectants, use the finishing pad (W9207 or W9006). To remove the hazed protectant with a bonnet, use a polishing or cutting pad (W8207, W8006, W7207, or W7006).

If you are trying to remove swirls, use the polishing pad (W8207 or W8006).
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      exactly!

Comment

Seeing this is your first post, Welcome to mol.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Appreciate the info and thanks for the welcome. Just placed my order for the G110 and a couple of additional each on the W8006/W9006 pads. This should be a welcome relief.. Didn't mention my ride, which adds to what a PITA this is, I've got a Trailblazer SS...so I've got a lot of area to cover.
          2007 Black Trailblazer SS, SLP Long Tube Headers, Corsa Sport cat-back, IEATSRT8 CAI, Performance tune by TuneTime Performance, Toms River

Comment

big open spaces is easier than tight little spaces ...good luck with your new toys and you will love the result! i finally got my black car done this weekend and it has never looked this good

Comment

Originally posted by iaxelr8 View Post

Just placed my order for the G110 and a couple of additional each on the W8006/W9006 pads.
              Before you start using the G110 read through this,

How To use: G110 - G220 - G100 - PC/Porter Cable - UDM
              If you're moving up to machine polishing, be sure to read the below thread before starting...
              Tips & Techniques for using the G110, G100, G220 and the PC Dual Action Polisher
              (These are all similar tools)

Then this,

Doing A Test-Spot

Then this,

Which products need to dry before removing?

Then you'll be ready to do some of this...
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Wealth of info, thanks very much! Just to be clear guys, applying Gold Class wax is the same pad I'd use for the polish??

Comment

I would use a polishing pad for the polish, and then a finishing pad for the final top coat of wax.

Comment

Here is a link to a thread with a chart showing product and pad recommendations for the older G100 polisher, but the recommended pad would be the same for the G110 as well. It's a nice little chart that you can use as a guide to help with your product and pad selection.

Product, Pad and Speed settings for the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher
                    Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');