• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pad should I use to apply #7 Show Car Glaze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pad should I use to apply #7 Show Car Glaze?

I would like to apply #7 Show Car Glaze on my trailer using my DA but what pad would you guys recommend. Should I use a yellow soft buff 2.0 polishing pad or black finishing pad? Thanks

Re: What pad should I use to apply #7 Show Car Glaze?

I personally use the yellow Meguiars applicator pad, very very thin coat, not allowing it to dry, WOWO.
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

I have seen the polishing pad recomended.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'd go with the black finishing pad personally since you're not trying to correct your paint, just make it shiny.

Comment

Finishing pad, speed 3.

Be warned that some find #7 to be finicky when applied by machine; others, I know, have great success. I have only applied by hand and so do not have an opinion.
          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
          --Al Kimel

Comment

I have only applied it by hand. I used theyellow applicator pad. Only doing a section at a time wowo.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use the tan finishing pad for #7 and apply it VERY thin. Think LSP....and then thinner. Just a couple pea sized drops to do a panel. Work at speed 4 and massage the product into the paint until it looks like you have almost nothing on the paint. Did I say thin! You should see no excess build up in any area that you are working on. Then break the skin with one side of the towel and flip it over to fully wipe off the rest of the residue. Once you have the entire car completed it's a good idea to switch to yet another clean microfiber and give the entire car another light, yet thorough, wipe. Then take a couple steps back and enjoy the wet shine that #7 delivers.
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');