• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this safe to do with the G110 or no???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this safe to do with the G110 or no???

ok here its lets just say one day i do a full detail ,wash clay polish wax, and use my g110 for polish and wax. then next month i want to just wash and wax my car can i use the g110 to apply the wax even though the paint prob wont be as smooth and clean like it would after claying??? i ususally just wax by hand but wanted to make sure if i use the polisher to apply the wax that i wont hurt the paint in any way. i dont see why it would but i wanted to ask you guys 1st. Usually i would just wash then wax by hand, but this would make life a lot easier. lmk thanks guys

Re: Is this safe to do with the G110 or no???

Yes you can.
    You won't have any problems at all

Comment

Might be better to rephrase it slightly...

1. It is perfectly fine to apply wax by hand or machine.

2. If you are going to apply just a coat of wax after washing, you just have to check and make sure the surface is in very good shape. That is no obvious need for claying, sap, tar, etc that you might drag around.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Claying removes bonded surface contaminants. The wax will just go over any contaminants bonded to the surface, essentially protecting the contaminants as well as your paint. The next time you clay, everything that is bonded to your paint (wax or contaminants) will be removed.

Comment

I have a PC 7336 and I ALWAYS use it to apply wax. It's sooooooo much easier to get a nice, even, uniform, THIN coat than doing it by hand. And it takes about 1/2 the time at least.
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Like everyone else said, Yep you will be fine.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');