• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maintenance for PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance for PC?

I read through my manual just for fun last night and I noticed it needs to be sent in occasionally to be cleaned, greased etc etc.

I figured it would need to be re greased and all that stuff occasionally but how often and where exactly can I get this done? This also goes for rotary's.

Thanks,
    Max

Re: Maintenance for PC?

Go to portercable.com and look for a servicing center on the site. I have a feeling doing this would have stopped my PC from splitting in half so from now on my PC (when it comes back) and new Makita rotary will constantly be serviced
    Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Here's the link to the Service Dealer Locater for Porter Cable tools

Service Center Locater

If it's a Meguiar's G100 then this is also a Porter Cable tool and can be serviced at any Porter Cable Service Center.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey Mike, the link is dead.

edit
        it had a extra Http:// to it. lol

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, that happens once in a while when copying and pasting on the fly...

It's fixed now.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

If you are ever in the Ft Wayne area there is a Porter Cable repair center here. It is Oaktree Woodworking Supplies. Rick is a top notch repairman and Ron & Bill (the owners) are super guys to deal with. The phone # is 260-637-0054. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. You can probably ship it to them and they will fix it and ship back.

Dave
            You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Nice, Thanks Dave. Ill give them a call tomorrow.

Comment

does the g110 ever need preventative maintenance?

Comment

Our G110, G220, and our G100 does not need any type of preventive maintenance. However, we do recommend keeping the machine clean overall, especially the vents. Keeping them vacuumed and/or cleaned on a regular basis is a great idea.

As you all know, if there is an issues with your machine, simply contact our Customer Care Center and they will be glad to handle you.

Mike
                  Mike Pennington
                  Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                  Meguiar's, Inc.
                  800-854-8073
                  mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
                    Our G110, G220, and our G100 does not need any type of preventive maintenance. However, we do recommend keeping the machine clean overall, especially the vents. Keeping them vacuumed and/or cleaned on a regular basis is a great idea.

As you all know, if there is an issues with your machine, simply contact our Customer Care Center and they will be glad to handle you.

Mike

Also after a lot of use you will need to have the brushes replaced I would think. If you have used your DA a lot, by a lot I mean several hundred hours, and it quits working, it can probably be fixed by replacing the brushes.

Dave
                    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Just a FYI, most or at least many ACE Hardware stores are also certified Porter-Cable repair centers. Check with your local ACE and see if they are. I drop my PC off at a local ACE that is owned by a friend and they service the PC for me every year. My PC was purchased in March of 1995 and is still going strong. I've used it on around 3000 cars.
                      Jim
                      My Gallery

Comment

Mike
                        Hey Mike, I thought the G100 was just the Porter Cable with just the Megs sticker on it. Wouldn't that make it just as serviceable as its counterpart? If not I am sorry haha. I got the PC before learning that Meguiars had their own

I'm just saying that servicing it every year other than keeping it dust free (believe me I did that lol) would prolly keep this from happening like it did to me (my PC after it exploded out of its shield)

Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Originally posted by eyezack87 View Post
                          Hey Mike, I thought the G100 was just the Porter Cable with just the Megs sticker on it.
                          Yes, the G100 is a re-badged Porter Cable polisher and if you own a G100 then any tool repair store capable of servicing a Porter Cable polisher can also service a Meguiar's G100

Just so you know, we introduced a new polisher to the market and it is of our own design; the part number for it is G110 and it is not a re-badged Porter Cable polisher.

Be careful not to confuse the G100 with the G110

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike
                            I think the confusion came from this post.
                            Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Let me clarify

In our G100 manual, it does state that factory lubrication is good for "at least" one year, and if you wish to lubricate it visit a Authorized Porter Cable Service Center. Keep in mind, that is what Porter cable does state because their warranty is for 1 year.

With that said, I should have clarified that our G100 machine is warrantied for life and even if you do not lubricate it, it does not void the warranty. Therefore, no service is/was required on our G100. We still have G100's here at our office that are years old running just fine that have never been serviced

Bottom line, if you are using a Meguiar's G100, it is covered by our lifetime warranty against Mfg defects.

Hope this helps

Mike
                              Mike Pennington
                              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                              Meguiar's, Inc.
                              800-854-8073
                              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');