• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vibration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration?

When I was at Meguiar's Garage, I used (I believe) a G100 with the SoftBuff 1.0 pads. But I now own a G110 with the SoftBuff 2.0 pads. When I worked all day yesterday, it felt like there was a lot more vibration than when I used the G100 at Meguiar's. I'm assuming this is because:
    1. The machine is more powerful
    2. The Softbuff 2.0 pads are bigger but I have the 67 backing plate since the 68 isn't out yet. Maybe this caused some "pad slippage" or something.

Or maybe this amount of vibration is normal. It didn't seem to be hurting anything but I could hear what sounded like it could be the pad possibly slipping but I'm not sure. I had to tighten the handle several times because the vibration loosened it and when I used the machine without the handle, I really had to grip it to prevent from losing it. What do you guys think? Thanks.
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Re: Vibration?

What you're feeling is normal. Keep in mind this is a tool that oscillates.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Vibration?

I wear gel opened finger gloves, helps a little. I just picked a cyclo polisher it has less vibration than the pc. I will be testing soon.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');