• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/80/83 on same pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/80/83 on same pad

I have a question: is it save to use 9 or 80 or 83 on the one pad (w8006)? or i have to have 3 different pads for those three products? Thanks
    Polishing is an art!!

Re: 9/80/83 on same pad

You realy dont want to, unless you washed the pad really well. But you dont want to stop and wash pads and let them dry and the nsee if the foam needs re-glued in the middle of a detail.

If your pad is saturated with #83, then you go and put a milder product on it, you are going to have some mix of the products, which may not give the milder cleaning you want.

There is also the factor that after so long, a pad will become saturated with product, and less affective. So you can imagine after 3 full times around the car with 3 products, the pad will be very saturated.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

1 product per pad. Otherwise you are diluting the other products. It wouldn't make any sense to put M83 on a pad then put M09 afterwards to follow it up. Kinda defeating the purpose of using different products.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

The general rule is one product per pad.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          I use a black Sharpie and write the product name/number on the back of the foam pad that I've dedicated to that product. I never use that pad for anything else.

Good luck!
          Have a great day!!
          FIXVET Detailing Services-Springfield, MO

Comment

The only time it would be alright to move up is if you were to try say M80, and need to move up to M83. After that though, you will want a new pad so you do not mix aggressive and mild products together like Murr said.

Best bet is 1 pad per product. I mark mine with a sharpie like Fixvet does.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post

SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                The only time it would be alright to move up is if you were to try say M80, and need to move up to M83. After that though, you will want a new pad so you do not mix aggressive and mild products together like Murr said.

Best bet is 1 pad per product. I mark mine with a sharpie like Fixvet does.
                I also mark my pads this way.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');