• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q for Mike re new 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q for Mike re new 110

Re: Dual Action Polisher Comparison Chart

The above information is what has been provided to the forum from Marketing and our Training Department. Because this tool is brand new there may be new information coming forward or changes as we move forward with the introduction of this new tool.

We are open to suggestions for improvements, so please post your suggestions but do try to keep them constructive in tone.

Mike... with the above statements in mind, I'd like to discuss the following.
    In the question and answer section re the new 110, it is stated that it will only have a 1 year warranty and that once the inventory of the old 100 is gone, the lifetime warranty passes with it.
    This doesn't sound like the Meguiars of old that I have come to trust and have done business with these last 30 years. When i finally purchased a DA, it was the Megs one, partly because I have been loyal to Megs products, have enjoyed using them, and have obtained excellent results. Your money back gurantees have never been used by me because I never got a bad product. You guys have always been there with advice and these forums.
    The G100 I received had a LIFETIME warranty; nowhere on the warranty/packing slip did it state that the warranty expires if Megs changes machines, introduces a new machine, or inventories of the G100 run out. To state now that with the introduction of the 110, the warranty drops to 1 year AND when supplies of the 100 are exhausted the warranty on any existing machines dies with it,takes Meguiars down a notch in my opinion. It just a shady way of doing business, and I don't think Meguiars has to do it that way.
    At the very least Megs should continue to honor the warranty that was originally given with the G100. If they are no longer available, why can't a credit be given towards the replacement with a 110. And why doesn't the 110 have a lifetime warranty ? Isn't it being built as good as the 100? What about those of us who might be interested in "moving up" to a 110 ? There's no inducement to do that, especially with a limited warranty. And i notice retailers are still selling the 100 stating it comes with a lifetime warranty which is useless since the warranty expires when supplies of the 100 end. Again, i feel some minor betrayal here and it cheapens Megs image in my mind.
    Please comment on this and what might be done to cofirm Megs commitment to its followers who have taken them on their word in the past.

Re: Q for Mike re new 110

I didn't read anywhere in that post that the G100 warranty was gone. I did read that once they were out of the g100 it was not coming back. I would assume, and I hate to use that word, that if you had an issue with your G100 that Meguiars would still stand by the warranty and probably replace it with the G110. I think this is the post you are referring to:http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...rranty+on+G100

Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I'm not sure where you got the info about the warranty dieing out...but heres a quote from Mike Pennington, a Meguiar's employee.

Mike Pennington:
      If there is a warranty issue with the current model G100 Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher once it is no longer available, we will always take care of the customer.

Our goal has been and always will be...100% customer satisfaction.

Mike

Please post where you got the information that the warranty isn't valid any more.
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Or if your a bloke like me, send it to the guys to use on an open garage and have them test it. It wasn't the machine

Meguiars will take care of you.

I once did a "Customer feedback" on the bottles for UQD, only feedback, not really a complaint on the sprayers, low and behold, I got a new one in the mail.

Aaron
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

To me it is a non-issue about worrying about the G-100 warranty. I have always praised Meguiars for there dedication to customer service. Even with the introduction of the G110, I can't believe they would forget about the G100's out there.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks guys for setting me straight here. Let me again state though, I was not criticizing Meguiars. I was just seeking clarification on what i suppossed was to happen when the G100 is no longer available. I unequivically state I KNOW MEGUIARS TAKES CARE OF ITS CUSTOMERS. That's why i will always stand by them and purchase their products. Its just that I have never had to do that before, make a complaint, because I have never had a problem with a Megs product. I guess what made me nervous was the way that question was answered in one of the posts. If taken as fact, it sounded like Megs would no longer honor their warranty. The post I am refering to was posted on 1/4 by Mike Phillips titled "Dual Action Polisher Chart". Scroll down to the Question & Answer section, right under the comparrison chart. Question 7 answers a question about the new 110 having a warranty of 1 year.(as oppossed to the 100 having a lifetime, so that is where i got that from) Question 9 aks "what about the warranty issue of the g100 once you don't have them anymore".
            It is answered "No....once we are out of stock the G100 is gone". From reading that, I'm sorry, but one might infer that, simply, once the g100 is gone, its gone forever and therefore its warranty goes with it.

Again, i needed clariffication about this and didn't want to believe Meguiars would ever deny to stand by one of its products. From the way you all answered, I'm satisified in my mind that I have nothing to worry about and again thank you all for commenting on this subject.
            z

Comment

Hey Beefy Z,

Not an issue as far as the replies. That is why this forum is here. We as a group can get one another's opinion on everything from a-z with Meg's products and detailing in general. I am sure that one of the marketing people will chime in with a clarification on this. Maybe Mike Phillips or Mike Pennington. I have never known for a question like this to go un-noticed or un-answered.

Andy
              101impala
              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

No problem...as to the answer of that question about the G100 continuing to be sold, the answer means that once the last G100 is sold, no more will be sold. Everything sold from there one will be the G110, the new DA.

Ryan
                Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');