• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W-8006 velcro/pad separation using #80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W-8006 velcro/pad separation using #80

Hi,

I had better luck today with #80..much less difficult to remove than last time...I used more product and it wiped off easier..'

But after buffing the trunk and hood...half of the velcro was separated from the pad. I chose not to remove product with a terrycloth as I went along....maybe it was too saturated?? This was the second time I used this exact pad.

But then my concern was too little product and a most difficult time wiping off.

Any ideas as to why this happened?

Anything I can use to glue the velcro back??

Thanks..

Re: W-8006 velcro/pad separation using #80

Were you leaning in at an angle with the backing plate possibly cutting the pad? I have done this before and now my pad is also cut. Try and keep it straight up and down and it prevents that from happening. Or is it literally peeling off? If so were you using it on a very high speed? Could be some bad adhesive?
    02 Ford F250 Super Duty
    International T444E 7.3L Diesel
    Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
    Straight Piped
    PHP FU chip

Comment

hi...

thanks for responding...no, the pad as straight and flat at all times. I was using 5 speed...as recommended..no problems the FIRST time I used the pad about two weeks ago.

The pad was totally dry and in perfect condition when I put it on today.

The velcro has peeled off one side of the pad, while the other side remains intact...weird.

I'm guessing,like you, bad adhesive. Really NBD if thats the case, I have other polishing pads. Just didn't know if too much product in the pad would cause this,,,but I really don't think so.

And my pc/backing plate and all pads are brand new...and wow do the pads adhere really strongly to the backing plate..tough to remove pads..gotta do it really slowly..bit by bit..this sound familiar???

Comment

Yes it does. I have heard that you can repair the velcro by using some gorilla glue to reattach the backing. Not that megs recomends this. I hav not tried this yet. Just thinking out loud.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');