• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M80 Pass Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M80 Pass Today!

I only had two good pics come out, but the whole car was done and again What a difference, even to the 83. It went actually quicker than the #83 since the polish is softer and easier to apply and remove. Although I did not get to the wax today, it still is a world of difference! I feel like my car just came out of the showroom again!

After #83 and before #80

After #80 ready for wax

The metallic fleck really stands out now and the car is still a work in progress, I still need to wax, to plastic trim, wheel wells and the interior. phew!

Re: M80 Pass Today!

Looks much better! You did 1 application of #83 and then 1 application of #80 right? It's really amazing because you can think your car's paint looks good until you zone in and highlight the imperfections. What's also amazing is the knowledge given on here to learn how to make our cars shine.
    Black 2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi
    Crystal White Pearl 2016 Mazda CX-5
    "People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care"

Comment

Great work. Looks good better than a new car paint. What wax are u planning to use? Keep us update on ur work ok. Thks.

Comment

For the winter I am going to stick with what I have in stock, Gold Class Liquid. This summer I will switch it over the NXT since people on here tend to like it more, I'll give it a shot.

So far I have put 16.5 hours into the car, just the paint, not counting that I need to redetail the engine, interior, glass, and head and taillamps. So I figure all in total I have another 5-10 hours of work left.

Comment

What do you use to apply the M80?
          Hand, rotary...
          Thank you.

Comment

Hi Whelan, keep up the great work. Don't give up. U can do it....Hehe. Almost done & u are doing great. TQ.

Comment

Thanks Bern,

Yoliah, I got a G100 for Christmas and bought 3 8006 pads, 1 9006 pad, 2 foam hand applicators (for the small areas), my roll of blue tape, bottle of #83, #80, and I own Gold Class Liquid Wax. Not to mention other products but for this detail I used these. I also used Clay Magic clay bar system. If you look at my post about the pass with 83 you can see how much crud the clay bar gets out. I have used them in the past prior to joining this site and they are an invaluable tool.

I used the G100 to apply all of these and tonight the car gets the wax coating. Maybe two, but first it will be rubbed down with some Quick Detailer.

Comment

Ok compliment for the splendid work!

Comment

what pad did you used for the 83 and 80?

Comment

What car is this?

Comment

Excellent job!
                      SYDSTER

Comment

Whelan good work. car is looking great. Keep up the good work.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by ronniejay View Post
                          What car is this?
                          Looks like Toyota paint.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');