• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 C6 Zo6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 C6 Zo6

I had the opportunity to detail this 2006 ZO6. The car was purchased from a dealership in Seattle and delivered to a Boise Corvette dealership, to then be sent to Salt Lake where the owner lives. I didn't ask why the numerous stops. Well as it turned out, it was a good thing the car was sent because prior to leaving Seattle the dealership decided to add a little bonus to show their appreciation and had the car "professionally" detailed. A service that normally runs $250.

I got a call Saturday afternoon from the guy who I normally detail cars for in somewhat of a panic. The car was to leave early Sunday morning and they didn't want the car to arrive as is, so he wanted to know if I could help out. How could I turn down the opportunity to detail a 505hp car.

This is how it looked when I picked it up

Gotta love the DISO

The car also had some very stubborn water spots too, if you look at the above picture, you can kind of see them.

The process (pretty simple since it was a fairly new car and it was just holograms)

NXT Car wash soap
    M80 and #9
    2 coats of 21 synthetic sealant

Taped off test section

I really wish that I could have gotten the opportunity to take some full on sun shots, but I didn't get started on it until around 2:30pm. I let the last coat of 21 sit for awhile and took that off around 5:30am (I didn't work that whole time, that was just when they were going to pick the car up). I got to keep that beast in my garage the whole night. I periodically had to wipe the drool off my face and garage floor. Anyway, here are some afters.

I know the true detailers tail of a pic is worthless unless it's in the full sun, but I didn't really have a choice. All I have to say is, that car was amazing! I have detailed quite a few Corvettes for this dealership but this was my first C6 and it was a ZO6 no less. One day, this car will be in my garage.

Re: 2006 C6 Zo6

great job love that color and the car goes without saying

Comment

I can't believe how they butchered that Z06 Corvette...However, you did a very nice job of at least presenting the vehicle to it's owner. That Corvette I would venture to say is a best buy and pretty much in a league of it's own.

Comment

The funny thing was, when I picked it up, he told me to "drive" it and gave me a wink. I never went over the speed limit in it, but I could take on ramps all day in that car.

My 2001 C5 has some giddy up, but that car is just sick....but on the flip side, very driveable.

I love that color too. Before I was a strictly Red or Black Corvette guy, but that Electron Blue (I think thats what they call it, or at least that was what the C5 color was), has me seriously thinking about that color for my next car. Very sharp and surprsingly very forgiving with scratches.

When I pulled that swirl induced monster in my garage it looked decent, a little dull, but decent. A little TLC and that car was silky.

I also take off all the wheels when I do a "complete job". More goodies, because we all like pics (except those that still have dial-up.)

Before

After

Comment

oooh nice
          with wich products did you do the wheels ?
          alberto gorin
          known as gorin002

Comment

Great work and a beautiful car. The "before" condition was pretty rough. I honestly don't know how that "professional" detailer sleeps at night.
            "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Looks great! Nice work.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gorin002 View Post
                oooh nice
                with wich products did you do the wheels ?
                I think it's Meguiars "All Wheel" cleaner. I was bouncing back and forth for awhile. It was wither that or the "Hot Rims" wheel cleaner. Just wanted to make sure that it was safe to use on those wheels.

Comment

Why don't dealships just pay for a DA? It's cheaper than most other RB setups and the training curve is generally less than an RB.
                  2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                  2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by pcfxer View Post
                    Why don't dealships just pay for a DA? It's cheaper than most other RB setups and the training curve is generally less than an RB.

My guess is, they don't want to spend the time with a DA. You have to really polish the car with a DA (several passes). With a rotary, which was used here, it probably took half the time, but obviously you see the results. I would say that 75% of the cars on this dealerships lots looked like this. What I find really funny about this, is that they PAY for this service! I may not be very fast, but I do a pretty damn good job. I enjoy doing it, so it's a way to make a little more coin to buy more products.

Comment

dealers should just skip the detailing if they gonna do a **** job at it..... how can a rotary buffer give such bad swirls to a car.... did he leave the pads on the ground when not in use or drop the buffer while detailing w/ the pad touching hte ground and continue buffing after?

Comment

Improper technique and unnecessary use of overly agressive products.
                        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                        2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');