• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cleaner/polish/wax arsenal should I get to go with my DAP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cleaner/polish/wax arsenal should I get to go with my DAP?

I was over at ADS about to pick one of their G100A kits along with the W7006, W8006, W9006 pads. I thought I should go ahead and get some product along while I was at it. So far it seems like everyone has #83, #80, #21 and #7. Should I add/delete anything to that list? Anything else you can think of while I'm at it?

Thanks for they help
    Last edited by ElectronMan; Nov 22, 2006, 11:38 AM.

Re: What cleaner/polish/wax arsenal should I get to go with my DA?

If you are just looking for products to use with your PC it looks like you have a good start. Possibly some microfiber bonnets to go over the 7006 pad and remove wax via PC? Keep in mind Meguiars doesn't recommend using the 7006 cutting pad on the PC to apply products only as a backing pad for a bonnet.
    Last edited by gb387; Nov 22, 2006, 11:33 AM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

A quality car wash and wash mitt, like NXT Car Wash or Gold Class Car Wash

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
        If you are just looking for products to use with your PC it looks like you have a good start. Possibly some microfiber bonnets to go over the 7006 pad and remove wax via PC? Keep in mind Meguiars doesn't recommend using the 7006 cutting pad on the PC to apply products only as a backing pad for a bonnet.
        One quick question about the #83. I just recently bought a '89 Civic that hasn't seen much attention. The paint has some really awful looking deposits in the paint. I haven't tried claying it yet. My understanding is that the #83 is not for most finishes as it slightly aggressive and can remove deep damage. Is this correct? or should I step up to something else with more cutting ability?

Humm.. I was not aware of that. One package includes 2 of each pad. Maybe I'll drop one of the 7006's and pick up and extra 8006.

BTW, just added a Grit Guard and some bonnets. Any other ideas?

Comment

Re: What cleaner/polish/wax arsenal should I get to go with my DAP?

Just thought of another question too. Generally how much #83 is used for a medium sized vehicle?

Comment

The average size car will take around a half a bottle of M83, less if it's cleaning up pretty easily and more if it's not.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by ElectronMan View Post
              Maybe I'll drop one of the 7006's and pick up and extra 8006.

Originally posted by ElectronMan View Post
              BTW, just added a Grit Guard and some bonnets. Any other ideas?

Glass cleaner? Trim Dressing? Tire Dressing? Interior Leather or Vinyl Dressing? Quik Interior Detailer?

We could do this all day...
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Clay, after washing, would be your first step and you'll want one of the quick detailers for that, as well as other applications. However many micro fiber and/or supreme terry towels you've ordered (or have) figure you'll likely need twice as many

Mort

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');