• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I buy the right products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I buy the right products?

After month of reading, writing and discussion here and in other forums, I ordered 2 days ago a dual action polisher from a german company, similar to the G100 but 3 times more expensive! ;-) Who cares...

Additional I placed an order at my german meguiars wholesaler for the mirror glaze products. Just want to be sure that I didnt forget anything, so please check and feel free to give me some additional advise.

I first want to "train" on a 2 years old car of my girlfriend. Its (the car) in good condition. (Who wonders, its detailed every week from me! *g*) But I have a lot of dealer installed swirls and also some fine washing scratches which I want to remove! I`m a meguiars dealer in germany, so I have all consumer items like NXT Wax, Wash, mirofiber towels etc here.

Order at meguiars:
    2x W8006 pads

I read in the "mastering the G100" thread from mike, that the pads are made for these cleaners, so I think I did the right order.

My plan is like always mentioned here at meguiars online, to start first with a small area of the car, e.g. the hood and use the #80 to check the results. If I`m not satisfied, I will start over with the #82 and give it a few passed to see the results. If this also doesnt help enough, I will give the #83 a chance.

Removing the product should be done by a MF towel, am I right?

If everything is done, I will use NXT Tech Wax for the finish.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Tuningfreak; Jul 11, 2006, 10:10 PM.

Re: Did I buy the right products?

Originally posted by Tuningfreak

My plan is like always mentioned here at Meguiar's online, to start first with a small area of the car, e.g. the hood and use the #80 to check the results. If I`m not satisfied, I will start over with the #82 and give it a few passed to see the results. If this also doesn't help enough, I will give the #83 a chance.
    You start out right, but go off track a little with the M82.

Do your test section with the M80, work a small area about the size of a microfiber polishing cloth spread out and then wipe off the excess residue and check your results. Inspect in to kinds of lights. If it looks good, repeat this over the entire car, if it's not removing enough defects, (in other words if it's not removing enough paint), then switch to the M83 which is quite a bit more aggressive than the M80.

M82 is very, very non-aggressive and about the only time I find myself reaching for this product when using the dual action polisher is when I'm working on typically very soft paints that are very susceptible to scratching and marring.

Removing the product should be done by a MF towel, am I right?
    Correct.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you for answering. But I`m a little more confused now. I thought, if I there are only lightly paint defects, the softest cleaner would be the right one!

If I take a look on the yellow scale on the bottles, I see:
      - #80 Speed Glaze, 4 points
      - #82 Swirl Free Polish, 3 points
      - #83 DA Cleaner Polish, 6 points

Because of that - and also the description in your webshop - I choose these products. I understand that #82 is less aggressive than #80... but it never comes in mind that this could be the wrong choice!

The use of the W8006 pads with the DA and these cleaners is correct?

Comment

Pad selection is fine. The way I've done it in the past is try #82 to see if it take the defects out, if not I try #80, then if that is not enough I go on to #83. That way you find out which product works best starting with the least aggressive.

You might want to grab another 8006 Pad as you want to have one for each of your products so you aren't mixing. And have a 9006 to put on your LSP.
        -Brian
        2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

And have a 9006 to put on your LSP.
          What does LSP means?

I ordered 3 of the W8006 pads, 1 for each product. ;-)

I had the same thoughts like you: First try the 82, if not working next number and so on... until it works. Do you make only 1 trial with each product or do you make a few passes until changing the product if there is no result?

Comment

LSP = Last Step Product or Last Step Protectant.

Basicaly it is your wax.

The 9006 pads are better for applying wax, and also can be good for the #82 if you want more of a final polish, and not much cleaning ability.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

LSP stands for Last Step Product, and that would be your wax/sealant.

If you can see that there's a slight improvement after one pass of the first product, you can try an extra pass to see if that takes out the rest of the defects, if not I would then go to a more aggressive product. If there is no improvement after the first pass with the mild product, I would then go right to the next product.

Is the polisher you bought made by Flex?

Not to hijack the thread, but do you know of any dealers in Germany that will ship to Denmark?
              "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
              - Back To The Future

Comment

Ahh, okay... now I understand! ;-) I think I will apply the NXT Tech Wax like always by hand and my even coat applicator! I must have one 9006 pad in my garage. Didnt found it but I ordered one when I tried out this cablefree meguiars polisher 1 year ago... without satisfaction! ;-)

@Zet: I have ordered a Festool excenter polisher, called ROTEX FEQ 125. A lot of people in germany use this maschine with the detailer products.

Please check the following link (hope its not against the rules, if so please send me a PM and SORRY!):
                www.24tools.de I checked there information page and there is written, that they send to germany, EU and all over the world! Also, the make the cheapest price for this expensive machine (regular 400 €, I paid around 375 € with systainer)...

Okay, back 2 topic! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');