• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with NXT Tech Protectant and 350Z interior :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with NXT Tech Protectant and 350Z interior :-(

I tried Tech Protectant once before and swore I would never touch the stuff again. But I decided to give it another try. This stuff isn't working for my applicatioin! I cannot seem to get it to make my door panels look good. They look all splotchy and I can't get rid of the splotches!

I applied the product with a cotton terry cloth towel, spraying the product on the towel and then wiping on the panels. I tried to apply it to the center console without touching the radio, but got a little on the edges of the radio and it appears to have ruined the finish.

Very frustrated!

Might be an obvious question, but did you shake the bottle really well before use?
    Also, where do you store it? Is it kept at room temperature?

Comment

Yes, I shook the bottle. I store it in my garage at room temperature with all of my other supplies, none of the others have any problems.

I need to figure out how to get this product off of my interior parts.

Comment

I need to figure out how to get this crappy product off of my interior parts.

I bet gasoline and matches will work!
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Try some woolite and water mixed at about 6 parts water, 1 part woolite. With a protectant like NXT, less is more lightly mist your terry towel and gently wipe the surface. Let it sit for about a minute then come back with a different towel and buff off any excess produce. The staining you are seeing is actually the protectant darkening the interior, you could go over the surface with more product and balance the look out.

Comment

I have a 350Z and NXT Tech Protectorant on the door panels is a big no no. Trust me..been there done that.

I love it in the rest of my interior but not the panels. They tend to smear and blotch with any protectorant I use

I now maintain them with Woolite and Water or Megs Interior Detailer.

My 300zx Gallery

My 350Z
            My 1967 Chevy II Nova

Comment

Re: Problems with NXT Tech Protectant and 350Z interior :-(

Originally posted by imoz
              Very frustrated!
              Hi imoz,

This product has been out for over a year and used by thousands of people, if not hundreds of thousands of people with nothing but excellent results. It sounds like it may be a problem specific to the material used on this particular model. As such, your feedback is very important. I'm going to pass your e-mail address on to Tom McDonald and he's going to be contacting you to help you resolve the problem.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention on this public forum, I did edit out a few of you words just to keep it family friendly.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi imoz,

We appreciate your comments on Tech Protectant. We have not heard of this issue, so thanks for bringing this to our attention.

When our Quality Assurance Manager, Tom MacDonald, returns on Monday, I can assure you he will be in touch with you regarding your concern.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Mike
                Mike Pennington
                Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                Meguiar's, Inc.
                800-854-8073
                mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Thanks for the response

I'm going to head over to the Z day at Raceway park and will snap a few pics of the interior panels in question while I have my digicam out.

On a positive note, the rest of the NXT line has been fantastic on the exterior. I used the show car glaze topped with NXT tech wax and it looks amazing.

Also, now that it has setup for a few days the dashboard and center console look very good. It is just the friggin door panels.

Comment

Hi imoz,

Have fun at the Raceway, just to let you know, I didn't know Tom was off when I posted he would be in contact with you until Monday, but I guarantee you when he is back in the office, he will help to resolve this as best and fast as humanly possible.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here is a pic of my black 350Z with 2 coats of NXT. Took second place in the 350Z mod class.

(Edit: I resized your photo to 700 pixels -Mike)

I have no problems with the NXT Tech Protectorant on the interior of my 350Z. Several owners have complained about the texture of the door panels. Just maintain them with Interior Detailer or Woolite and Water and you should be fine.

You might also want to try some Aerospace 303 on them. I have heard of no issues with "blotching" with that product.

My 300zx Gallery

My 350Z
                      My 1967 Chevy II Nova

Comment

LOL, I think I took some pics of your Z! Did you see the Skyline that a girl showed up with at the end of the day?

There was a Z there that had the whole NXT line sitting in front of the car, I suppose they are sponsored by Meguair's. Anyway, the door panels on that Z also exhibited the same splotchiness.

Maybe it is just the way the light falls on the door panel texture?

Comment

Originally posted by Pats300zx
                          Here is a pic of my black 350Z with 2 coats of NXT. Took second place in the 350Z mod class.
                          Congratulations!
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by imoz

There was a Z there that had the whole NXT line sitting in front of the car, I suppose they are sponsored by Meguair's. Anyway, the door panels on that Z also exhibited the same splotchiness.

Maybe it is just the way the light falls on the door panel texture?
                            Yeah that Roadster was parked next to me. It was funny. The guy was sponsored by Meguairs but was wiping his car down with a tshirt. Needless to say I gave him a lesson in micro fiber...

My 300zx Gallery

My 350Z
                            My 1967 Chevy II Nova

Comment

Z interior

Hi,

I have read the thread regarding the problem you have experience with Tech Protectant. Is there any chance you could e-mail me some pictures to look at? That would help me to evaluate the problem more accurately. I recommend that you first wipe down all the problem areas with a warm MOIST towel, followed by a dry towel. After I have a better idea of the interior make-up I will give you a product recommendation to correct and use in the future.

Here is my e-mail and number at the office for future contact.

tmacdonald@meguiars.com
                              #800-854-8073 ext. 117

I look forward to helping you,

Kindest regards,

Tom Mac Donald
                              Manager- Quality Assurance/ Customer Retention
                              Meguiar's Inc

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');