• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Natural Shine and the interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Natural Shine and the interior

Hello, I recently used Natural Shine after using and liking the Meguiar's interior cleaner. I'm really not sure about Natural Shine yet.

My car has a black interior and it's in decent shape but there is slight fading in certain spots, such as the top of the dash. The interior detailer cleaner makes the interior look very nice but I thought that I might need a little more protection so I bought Natural Shine. After using it, it indeed does bring a shine and extra "richness" to the interior. A little extra gloss.

The issue I'm having is that the top of the dash area doesn't look uniform after applying the Natural Shine. The other areas of the interior I applied Natural Shine to look nice and uniform but not the top of the dash. I can see towel marks, uneven color, etc. Is it because this area is a little faded? If I use Natural Shine more, will some of the fading reverse itself a little? I've applied Natural Shine two times. I'm thinking of using it a few more times to see how it goes.

I'm just hesitant to use it again because the interior has been pretty much pristine besides the minor fading due to not using any dressing for years. I'm wondering if Natural Shine might help or hinder this particular area. So far, it doesn't look good. It's really strange. The rest of the interior looks quite a bit better after using Natural Shine.

Thank you for any help.

I use Meguiars interior detailed on the vehicles I detail. I bought some natural shine to try out on them. Because the person before me used armor all on the interior and there's a white stain left behind so I'm thinking by using natural shine will help with that. With your issue have you tried apply a second coat on your dash? Or maybe applying it a little thicker in that area.

Comment

I wouldn't be scared to use more, or heavier coat on that area to see.... but not sure to will see it match up better.

Maybe a glossier one might hide more like the supreme shine.... or the ult black maybe...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Questions about Natural Shine and the interior

If that area is dry it will absorb the product. You may need to add more coats until it's finally absorbed and looks even throughout he dash.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by JG_Detailing View Post
          I use Meguiars interior detailed on the vehicles I detail. I bought some natural shine to try out on them. Because the person before me used armor all on the interior and there's a white stain left behind so I'm thinking by using natural shine will help with that. With your issue have you tried apply a second coat on your dash? Or maybe applying it a little thicker in that area.
          Yes, I have applied a second coat and it certainly helped. In fact, the dash is looking quite nice today but I will apply more product. I also used the interior cleaner before apply Natural Shine. Let us know how it works it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            I wouldn't be scared to use more, or heavier coat on that area to see.... but not sure to will see it match up better.

Maybe a glossier one might hide more like the supreme shine.... or the ult black maybe...
            I'm going to try a few more coats of the product and see how it goes. I think this is about the shiniest I want the interior though. It seems to add a certain richness to the interior. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
              If that area is dry it will absorb the product. You may need to add more coats until it's finally absorbed and looks even throughout he dash.
              This is what I'm sort of thinking but needed more reassurance. Your right in that the area is dry and has been absorbing the product. The other areas are looking darker and a little more vibrant (for lack of a better word) than before. I will try it out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');