• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratches on door panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches on door panel

I have a yellow lab that I love (mostly...) that decided to try to get out the window one day, and left four or five mild scratches in the upper rear door panel of my Focus. It's a rather stiff semi-soft plastic/vinyl. Does anyone have any ideas of how to mask these?

Thanks.
    2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
    2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
    2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....

Re: Scratches on door panel

So it's black plastic trim which got scratched?

Some pics would help..
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Re: Scratches on door panel

I believe we can't do anything on those rubber/plastic. If your door panel paint is scratched, at least wash that respective panel or whole car, that's up to you. Then use rubbing compound, ScratchX or Ultimate Compound. Make use of clean applicator, spread your finger and apply the force evenly, applying those compounds against the scratch. Sometimes, you need more muscles on this if the scratch is deep. Apply Wax after that.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');