• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning carpet with APC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning carpet with APC!

Hey guys,

I need to clean some dried up salt stains on the interior carpet of my 07 TSX (ebony in color). Anyway, I have some green APC, and I was going to use that with a 10:1 ratio.

I've heard that I shouldn't use a microfiber towel to agitate the APC, so what kind of a brush should I use to agitate the APC? Can someone provide a link to a good brush?

Lastly, will wiping the area when done cleaning with a wet (saturated) microfiber towel suffice with getting the remaining APC out of the carpet? I don't have a shop vac, so I'm not sure what the best course would be.

Thanks much!

Re: Cleaning carpet with APC!

A MF would be fine, but a bit of a waste to use a good one. An old terry towel would also be good, if not better.

You can use any kind of brush, nail brush, scrub brush, etc if needed.

And yeah, kind of wipe and press to soak up any APC a few times, then press and blot with a dry towel.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

ya a terry cloth towel works best in my expericnce too. They are cheap to replace and last a long time.

for brushes, first off is tooth brushes. they are great. i can't do a car without one. next you will need a soft, medium and a shift bristle brush. every carpet is different. luxury cars need the softer brushes and dirty daily drivers may need a more aggressive brush. anything you can find at your local grocery store is fine. same with cloth and leather seats. a toothbrush will never fail you

spray apc, scrub with a soft-medium bristle brush and wipe off with a terry cloth towel. the terry cloth towel will get really dirty and damp.

Comment

Yes definitely a terry cloth towel works best in my experience it is very affordable. But If your tired doing it you can call a cleaners to help you out.
        stain removal tips Pittsburgh

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');