• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make-up in black cloth seats?!?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make-up in black cloth seats?!?!!?

Hey yall. Ive been gone a really long time. Life and school is crazy busy. All my detailing stuff is at my parents house....

Today my ex-girlfriend spilt a bottle of make-up on my black cloth seats. A HUGE puddle...what can I get loaclly that will take it out?!?! It is very noticable. Does make-up come out easily??

Thanks guys!!!

Re: Make-up in black cloth seats?!?!!?

I would try some Simple Green all purpose cleaner or Mean Green or Folex. Should find them at Wal-Mart or the local Home Depot or Lowes.
    Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
    317-513-4678

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
      I would try some Simple Green all purpose cleaner or Mean Green or Folex. Should find them at Wal-Mart or the local Home Depot or Lowes.
      So just like some all purpose??

Comment

Yep.Folex is cheap and great spot cleaner on carpet or cloth interiors. If you can't get to some Megs APC+ then Lowes has Folex and if my memory is correct Home Depot carries Zep citrus cleaner.
        Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
        317-513-4678

Comment

You may want to start with just water and lots of blotting.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As sad this sounds, it should work pretty good. Go to wal-mart and get those make up remover pads. Use that first and then hit it with some APC+.

Comment

Did you get it out?

Comment

i hope you didn't use make-up remover. i recently moved into an apartment that a lady tried to use some make-up remover to get a stain out of the carpet and it ended up bleaching out the carpet. i would do like murr said, start with plain hot water and blot and slowly step up the aggressiveness of any cleaner till it comes out

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');