• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The power of APC, Carpet Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of APC, Carpet Cleaning

Hey guys , I decided to open up my gallon of APC and test it out on an old carpet. The pics didn't come out to clear, the carpet looks way better in real life.

I diluted it with warm water 1:4 and spray it on one side.

I covered the left side and spray down the right side, I scrubed it with a brush and then wiped it down with a microfiber cloth.

It got rid off all the stains and the carpet was clean and felt nice after wards.

I realized that the color of this carpet was dark so I did a little spot on a lighter color carpet

I did this quicky and didn't scrub to much, a shop vac would have gotten it even cleaner but I didn't feel like getting it out. Anyways I got great results on these carpets so I decided to share with you guys and girls.

Re: The power of APC, Carpet Cleaning

Good job with the experimentation. It looks like you tackled the dirtier side. Those nasty spots are totally gone.

I'm pretty impressed for just wiping with a microfiber. Imagine what the shop vac would have done.

It makes me feel more comfortable about tackling the interior of my Camaro. Sure it's nice to see guys like Tuck91 getting amazing results time after time, but when a less experienced detailer can reproduce similar results, that says a lot.

Thanks for sharing Ravi.

Comment

APC and APC+ are awesome chemicals. I use them on every detail. Here's one I did the other day. I used APC at 10:1. Besides being filthy with lots of stains, it had a bad odor, too. APC took care of the dirt and the odor.

Colin
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Another version of the test spot. Great work. The carpet looks good. APC+ is what I use on interiors.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I machine washed the air (sponge) filter of my bike, but sprayed with APC first.

Great result!

Comment

Awesome!

Thanks for those pictures, guys.
            Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
            Houston Area Mobile Detailing
            www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

I did the Charcoal gray carpeted mats of my wife's Escape a couple of weeks ago using APC at 10:1 and the results were amazing. My process was to spray, let dwell for a couple of minutes, agitate, and rinse twice with warm water using my shop vac for extraction. The dirty water in the tank ended up being blacker than the mats. Makes me want to clean all of the carpet in the car with APC. Haven't had a chance to use it on the clothe seats yet but that's coming up since there is a stain on one that drives me nuts every time I get in.

Comment

Ok , I think im just getting carried away now with test spots

This is carpet in my house and hasn't been clean in like 7 years

Process was APC 1:8 and scrub with brushes,
                again , no vac just absorbing everything with paper towels

Thanks for looking

Comment

Comment

Might as well clean the metal strip too

Comment

Originally posted by Ravi_1992 View Post
                      Process was APC 1:8 and scrub with brushes
                      Nicely done... now you'll have to do the rest of the carpet

BTW when quoting ratios for mixing Meguiar's products the water goes first. Not that you are wrong, it just doesn't follow the convention that Meguiar's uses.

8:1 = 8 parts water: 1 part product

Comment

I use APC at around 10:1 for carpet.

Dry brush, vac, spray APC, agitate with brush and hot water, extract cleaning solution with shop vac, rinse remaining solution with a terry towel soaked in hot water, dry with large cotton towels, final dry with blower option on shop vac, re vac, then repeat if necessary.

Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                          APC and APC+ are awesome chemicals. I use them on every detail. Here's one I did the other day. I used APC at 10:1. Besides being filthy with lots of stains, it had a bad odor, too. APC took care of the dirt and the odor.

Colin
                          Great work Colin, looks so much better.

What vehicle is that? I am guessing a Ford?
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Hey Tuck , Thanks for sharing your methods, I wondering how to rinse the carpet after wards and your towel soaked in hot water trick seems like its works well , Thanks for sharing +1

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');