• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a good Vac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a good Vac!

What is yall's best recommendation for a good vacuum under 100$? I am trying to split hairs and get me a blower and a vacuum but still want good quality for the money. I would like a steam cleaner but I realize at this time it is out of the budget. I just need a good vacuum that will do the trick.
    My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Re: Recommend me a good Vac!

I just bought a RIGID wet/dry 5.0 hp blower/vac 12 gallon for $69 before tax. It's an awesome vac and comes with all the best attachments right in the box. The wet/dry feature is also very helpful. Bought it at home depot by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdawg393 View Post
      I just bought a RIGID wet/dry 5.0 hp blower/vac 12 gallon for $69 before tax. It's an awesome vac and comes with all the best attachments right in the box. The wet/dry feature is also very helpful. Bought it at home depot by the way.

That's what I have and it works very well.
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Awesome I will look into it!

Comment

i also have a ridgid thats 5hp and 16 gallons i believe, got it on sale at home depot for $39 plus tax...

to make life easier make sure to brush the carpet before vaccuuming to release any dirt between the naps of the carpet, and having an air compressor to blow out dirt and crumbs from hard to reach areas also helps tremendously !!!!

to be honest i still use my moms vaccum when im lazy to grab my shop vac, it works just as well as long as you have a nice routine... good luck
          - Markito -

Comment

I also use the Rigid. I beleive my is a 6.0 with 12 gallon capacity. With all the attachments it was $89.00
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I paid $99 for my Ridigid 5 hp 4.5 gallon Pro vac. I also bought the car detail kit with it and ended up sepending a total of about $140 tax and all at Home Depot. So far, I've been pleased with it.

It does have the blower feature with it and has good suction. It also has on board storage for the atatchments and is fairly compact. It's not much bigger than a large tool box would be.

Comment

I got a Craftsman 16 gallon 6.5 hp wet/dry vac with detachable 265 mph blower for Christmas in 2008. Great suction for wet or dry applications. Comes with attachments which are stored on board. Can be had for $90-$100 on sale. I have heard great things about the Rigid vacs as well.

Comment

I also recommend the rigid from HD.
                  There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

Recommend you check out Shop Vac for the "quiet" vacuums. Will make a difference to your ears if you use it in small spaces (like a car interior). Look for a flexible hose arrangement with a small wand for tight places. Any vacuum mentioned will have all the power needed to clean cars and a large tank isn't needed either.
                    Art Layton
                    2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

I would actually recommend against Shop Vac if you're looking for a quiet vacuum. I've had one and it wasn't quiet by any means. I've now got a Rigid and it's much quieter. Rigid vac's get a lot of great reviews regarding how quiet they are (Scroll Noise Reduction®). Plus, they offer lifetime warranties.

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by DogParkGuy View Post
                        Recommend you check out Shop Vac for the "quiet" vacuums. Will make a difference to your ears if you use it in small spaces (like a car interior). Look for a flexible hose arrangement with a small wand for tight places. Any vacuum mentioned will have all the power needed to clean cars and a large tank isn't needed either.
                        Bingo!!

Unless your vacuuming large amounts of water you won't need a large capacity size. Mixing allot of wet and dry use also clogs up the filter and at the very least makes it more difficult to clean.

I like the Shop Vac line as it is relatively quiet and my ears don't take a beating. Before I got mine I was used to a jet taking off the flight deck every time I switched it on..

Bottom line; it really needs to have tremendous suction power to clean properly. When someone says; This vacuum *****, it's a complement!
                        BobbyG

Comment

Originally posted by Driven Auto Detail View Post
                          I would actually recommend against Shop Vac if you're looking for a quiet vacuum. I've had one and it wasn't quiet by any means. I've now got a Rigid and it's much quieter. Rigid vac's get a lot of great reviews regarding how quiet they are (Scroll Noise Reduction®). Plus, they offer lifetime warranties.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...3#BVRRWidgetID
                          FYI: The lifetime warranty is not good on the hoses, attachments and other parts that are typical failure points on a vac.
                          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

ive got three shop vacs. one only for wet and two for dry. Best vacums ever

Comment

I actually happened upon some money recently and am trying to find a cheap-ish steam vacuum.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');