• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBZ wood scratched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBZ wood scratched

Hi all. I have a friends 1975 Mercedes that has some surface scratches in the wood instrument cluster surround. The piece is wood with a plastic laminent over it. I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with cleaning up something like this. It only has scratches in a small portion, so I would like to avoid refinishing the entire piece. Any advise would be greatly appriciated.

Andrei

Hey m5extc

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!!!!

Are the scratches through the clear laminate? If so, there is not too much that can be done. If they are only surface scratches, I would suggest trying Meguiar's PlastX. Test in a hidden spot. Be sure to REALLY work the product in and remove with a clean MF cloth.

Cheers!
    Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

to Meguiar's Online!

Tim pretty much summed it up! Good luck!
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Hi Tim. Thank you for the welcome and the quick responce. I will give it a shot. The scratches are just on the surface of the laminate, so that should work. I had some plastic polish 10 sitting around, but was not sure if that was the right product for this particular application. Thanks again and I will let you know how it goes after I try it.

Andrei

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
          Hey m5extc

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!!!!

Are the scratches through the clear laminate? If so, there is not too much that can be done. If they are only surface scratches, I would suggest trying Meguiar's PlastX. Test in a hidden spot. Be sure to REALLY work the product in and remove with a clean MF cloth.

Cheers!
          Tim

That's the product I used to use on my MB before PastX, should solve the problem
          ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi all. Just an update. The dash turned out great!!! It took some time, but I did not have to sand or use anything too agresive to take it down. Thank you again to everyone, and thank you Tim. This is a great forum!!

Andrei

Comment

Originally posted by m5extc
              Hi all. Just an update. The dash turned out great!!! It took some time, but I did not have to sand or use anything too agresive to take it down. Thank you again to everyone, and thank you Tim. This is a great forum!!

Andrei
              You are very welcome!!!

I am glad to hear that it all turned out so well!!

Any photos??

Cheers!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');