• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which product for interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which product for interior?

I'm looking for opinions on which product everyone uses on their interiors and why. The interior colors we have are black and beige. I prefer a satin look instead of the real shiny look. I like products that can be used on multiple surfaces/materials. I've used the Mirror Glaze based on a suggestion from the local auto parts store but I've never tried the other products.
    Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant?
    Gold Class Protectant Wipes?
    Nxt Generation Tech Protectant?
    Mirror Glaze Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner?

All thoughts appreciated and thanks in advance.

Re: Which product for interior?

I often use Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner to really rejuvenate vinyl and rubber surfaces. I usually apply and let it sit for a couple of minutes and come back with a microfiber towel and remove the excess. The look is a non greasy natural appearance.

I also recommend Quik Detailer Interior or Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant for well maintained surfaces that need no deep cleaning/conditioning and you can use regularly on your vehicles

All of these products give similar appearance.

Comment

Hey,

When I apply an interior protectant I use Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant or #40 - Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. M40 will give you a lower gloss look than Natural Shine. And as already pointed out, Quik Interior Detailer will give you a very matte look and will still provide a light amount UV protection

Here are some black and beige interiors I have used both Natural Shine and M40 on:

Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yeah, I'd go with Natural Shine or #40, and then have some Quick Interior Detailer for dusting.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Another vote for #40.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I'm definitely not an expert on products to use. I've used other brands over the years but decided to go with Meguiar's based on reputation (plus their customer support and this forum).
            It's somewhat overwhelming to look at the product line and pick something (as per the list in my original question) as I'm confused by the offering of several products that seem to do the same job but have slightly different descriptions.
            I don't mind paying more for a quality product that does the job and lasts. I clean a vehicle occaissionally (very occaissionally); not regularly. Currently teaching my son that doing even some basic things to keep a vehicle looking good can pay off when you trade/sell it.
            Looks like I'll stay with Mirror Glaze (40); prefer one product that does it all and I like the resulting appearance. I do wish it came in a wipes version like the Gold Class.

Comment

M40 is the best for the interior and weatherstripping. If you want a product for the inside and outside however, I would personally go with Hyper Dressing. You can dilute it for the amount of shine you want, it smells great, the gallon lasts a long time especially when diluted for low gloss and so on. Either way, the above two products is what I am working my way towards having only. Trying to use up the other stuff!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');