• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning to purchase interior products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to purchase interior products

Need suggestions on what products to get for a tight budget.

As of now I want protection from the dashboard, and leather seats.

So far I'm looking into those meguiars wipes to take care of my leather. What about the dashboard?

for dash and door panels i prefer:

#40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

for leather i prefer:
    Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner

&

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner

but from a budget stand point, you might look to the gold class consumer line for dash & vinyl protectant, or a 1 step leather cleaner/conditioner

Comment

Difference between these products

What is the difference between Meguiar's® 473mL Natural Shine Dash Protectant and Meguiar's® Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner.

Comment

Many other products simply coat vinyl and rubber with shiny silicones. Meguiar’s remarkable alternative gives you professional results by penetrating and cleaning, while conditioning and protecting against UV damage. All while leaving a rich matte finish.
        Designed for people who want to maintain that rich "like new" look on their dashboards, trim, tires, and hundred of other surfaces. Unlike some protectants that leave an artificial plastic or greasy look, this formula brings back the original natural finish and allows you to control just how much shine you add. With one application, you create a perfect, "like new" shine. with two applications, you can increase the shine and darkness and create a look that goes beyond the standard factory finish. To help create a rich, natural shine this complex formula includes cleaning agents that help remove dirt and grime that dull or discolor your finish. We've also added UV protection to reduce damage from the sun.
        just by my thoughts and what i understand of the 2 quotes, #40 has more of a stronger cleaner in it, while the natural shine is more of a protectant

- i might be wrong though

Comment

I am not totally sure on the difference, however i know 40 works great. I feel it gives good protection and cleaning ability. I would highlly reccomend it. Also check out the gold class leather cleaner/conditioner combo if you are on a budget. My dad has been using that for years and it is cheaper and better than the wipes in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys I purchased #40 and the gold class rich leather cleaner/conditioner.

How many times would you recommend using the rich leather cleaner/conditioner, once every 3 months? My car is 4 months old so the leather still looks pretty good just looks a bit worn on the driver side and a little on the passenger side but the back still looks new.

Comment

My personal feel on conditioning the leather is to do it as needed. Each environment is different and some folks should do it more often than others.

So, in short, assess your individual leather condition and, based on that assessment, condition as needed...

Here's a hint that I've found to be very helpful. Take a hot, damp clean washcloth and remove the surficial dirt from your seats prior to applying your cleaner. This will not only remove the surface 'gunk', it will aid in opening the pores of the clear coating material and/or leather pores to more effectively condition the seats. I've done some side by side tests utilizing straight conditioner and also using the hot cloth. In all three tests that I've done on my 2001 King Ranch, I've found that the hot clothed areas tend to soften and seemingly 'condition' better. Like I said though, these are my personal experiences and, based on all kinds of individual constraints like water quality etc, you may have different results. As usual, test in an inconspicuous area before trying...

You've purchased some top notch products and I think you'll be exceedingly happy with your results! Let us know how they turn out or if you have any additional questions.

RP
              -The Final Detail-
              Lagrange, Kentucky
              thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
              CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Thanks! I like the idea of this hot damp towel. Do you use a foam app yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by fpalattao
                  Thanks! I like the idea of this hot damp towel. Do you use a foam app yourself?
                  I typically do for the cleaner (that or the same hot 100% cotton terry washcloth).

I apply conditioner by hand. I know, I know... it sounds silly but, I've found that I get better coverage and don't end up with as much locked in an applicator... Kind of corny but, it's always worked best for me.

RP
                  -The Final Detail-
                  Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Since I got the gold class rich leather cleaner/conditioner AIO product. Would you recommend spraying the product on the foam app first than the leather seats right?

Comment

Originally posted by fpalattao
                      Since I got the gold class rich leather cleaner/conditioner AIO product. Would you recommend spraying the product on the foam app first than the leather seats right?
                      I would.

The main reason is because you want the cleaning properties of the GC to come out. The very slight abrasion of the applicator coupled with the chemical cleaning power of the Rich Leather AIO product should yield EXCELLENT results!

RP
                      -The Final Detail-
                      Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

I would second Brad's recommendation. At each Saturday detailing class we show applying most product using a foam wax applicator pad to give you good control of application area and amount. The foam acts as a very gentle type of agitation that helps to work the product into the leather and hopefully remove any dirt or contaminant build-up.

You could use the corner of a terry cloth towel if you don't have any foam pads.

Mike
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');