• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubberized Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubberized Floor

Hi all,

My truck has a rubberized floor that runs through the entire truck cab. Is there anything specific that would be good to clean/protect this? I was thinking the Natural Shine as I have already been using this on other parts.

Anyone have experience with this type of floor? I might have to just try it on a small corner and see what happens.

Re: Rubberized Floor

We just reconditioned a fleet of delivery trucks (Ford Rangers and Chevy S-10s) for liquidation and they all had that rubber floor. After a good cleaning we applied Natural Shine with excellent results

Comment

I just use some apc water and brushes, if i dress them i only put UQD since I dont want any kind of slipping on that surfaces, but like kerrinjeff said they had no problems with natural shine so that can work too

Comment

APC would be fine to clean them.

Might be best to try it in a small spot, see if it gets slippery, esp when wet. If not, you'll be ok. And you could even look into more durable products like the Trim Detailer or All Season Dressing, etc.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

On a Power Wagon I recently did it had the rubberized flooring ou were talking about.

I used APC, a brush to get the mud off, and some Quik Interior Detailer to finish it up,
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelman View Post
            Hi all,

My truck has a rubberized floor that runs through the entire truck cab. Is there anything specific that would be good to clean/protect this? I was thinking the Natural Shine as I have already been using this on other parts.

Anyone have experience with this type of floor? I might have to just try it on a small corner and see what happens.

Morning,

You must have the FX4. The rubberized coating is excellent and cleans up nicely! I prefer to use one of two products on them: Quik Interior Detailer or Meguiar's Hyper Dressing. I use either of these dressings after thoroughly cleaning the rubber mat. Be sure to allow the Hyper Dressing to sit on there for about 15 minutes or so and then wipe down with a MF towel.

Here is an extreme make-over detail I completed that had rubberized flooring:

Working on an extreme makeover? Show it off/seek advice here. We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Just to comment: I would not suggest All Season Dressing or Trim Detailer. While both of these have great durability, but that durability has a side effect in this case, it makes the rubber slippery when water is placed on it. So if it is raining outside and water gets tracked in on your shoes, that water will make the rubber very slippery. Even if you have the Ranger floor mats on top, the passenger side will slide around like crazy! (The driver's side has a floor mat hook to hold it in place).

I hope this helps!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Also, thanks Tim for the pictures. That truck looked great. I'll have to see if I can get some Hyper Dressing to try.

Comment

Hi all,

I have always had good success using Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner to clean. Spray it on liberally, then use a stiff bristled brush to scrub. Another spray bottle with water in it to rinse. Some old towels to dry. Natural Shine can be used as a followup if you desire, but it can make the floor a tad slippery so be careful.

Comment

Do you have anymore photos of your Ranger?
                  "Every moment frontin and maxin
                  Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                  "

Comment

Heres a picture I took a few weeks ago. Click the thumbnail for the larger sizes in the forum gallery:

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                      Morning,

You must have the FX4. The rubberized coating is excellent and cleans up nicely!
                      Or an EDGE! I believe they have begun calling them "Sport" trim now. I had a 2002 Ranger EDGE with the vinyl flooring. Sure was easy to take care of. Mud? Rain? No problem!

Heres a picture I took a few weeks ago. Click the thumbnail for the larger sizes in the forum gallery:

Ah, nice truck! Like Tim mentioned, you really have a few options for the flooring. One thing to remember though is that many rubber or vinyl treatment products leave a slippery surface which you need to be careful of when climbing in and out.

I used to just use whatever tire dressing I had around when I had my EDGE, but when I come across similar surfaces now I tend to reach for M40 (many other products in the Meguiar's line will also suffice).

Comment

Wow you interior puts mine to shame, love the truck!
                        "

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                          Or an EDGE! I believe they have begun calling them "Sport" trim now. I had a 2002 Ranger EDGE with the vinyl flooring. Sure was easy to take care of. Mud? Rain? No problem!

Ah, nice truck! Like Tim mentioned, you really have a few options for the flooring. One thing to remember though is that many rubber or vinyl treatment products leave a slippery surface which you need to be careful of when climbing in and out.

I used to just use whatever tire dressing I had around when I had my EDGE, but when I come across similar surfaces now I tend to reach for M40 (many other products in the Meguiar's line will also suffice).
                          I forgot you had an Edge! Cool!

The FX4 which is now the off road model, I believe does not even have carpet as an option now, even with leather which mine has... At first I thought I would hate the rubber mat, but I actually now prefer it in many ways! My big V10 is fully carpeted and it looks great for that truck, but in the Ranger with the black leather, it has a nice clean look!!

Here is the interior of my Ranger FX4...

And the interior of my Ford Super Duty V10

Two different looks, and I like both!

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Im jealous
                            "

Comment

Looks kind of like a cross between the two. Here is a picture of the floor (removed floor mat to see the floor better) and a wider interior shot. I will post some after shots on maybe friday/weekend when I have a chance to go pick up some things to test.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');