• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What method to condition MB Leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What method to condition MB Leather

I once had Mercedes-Benz detail my car, and when I got the car back, the leather seats were so soft & supple.... It felt better than a new car leather

Although, it only lasted about 1-2 days in that condition... it left me wondering what method they used to condition it to make it that soft...

I typically use a terry cloth to apply the cleaner, and then another terry cloth to apply the conditioner.

Does anyone use a buffer (rotary?) with a bonnet to apply conditioner?

I guess, I can ask MB next time i'm there... but, any input in the meantime?
    Danny
    2002 MB CLK430

I think the method you mentioned should work fine.. I don't think that your leather would be dirty but if you would like more cleaning power, brush the leather with a soft nylon-bristled brush...
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Hey,

I would not use a rotary or any type of buffer on leather seats, too risky!

I have found Meguiar's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner (D-18001) from the Detailer Series to be one of the best leather products I have used. It leaves a very soft, supple feeling leather without a greasy feeling to it. I apply it with a foam applicator and really work it in. I then leave it sit for a few minutes and then wipe off with a MF towel. Be sure to do a test spot first.

More info on the Leather Cleaner & Conditioner can be found here:

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Cheers!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
        Hey,

I have found Meguiar's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner (D-18001) from the Detailer Series to be one of the best leather products I have used. It leaves a very soft, supple feeling leather without a greasy feeling to it. I apply it with a foam applicator and really work it in. I then leave it sit for a few minutes and then wipe off with a MF towel. Be sure to do a test spot first.

Cheers!

Tim
        Thanks for the Heads-up about the rotary....

Btw, they always say that using a separate Cleaner and Conditioner is best, so, is there a separate C&C from the Detailers line?
        Danny
        2002 MB CLK430

Comment

just thought this was interesting, i have a friend that is a mechanic at our local mercedes dealer and i asked them what products they use to detail, she (yes she) said they only use meguiars
          "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Comment

Originally posted by scottlee
            just thought this was interesting, i have a friend that is a mechanic at our local mercedes dealer and i asked them what products they use to detail, she (yes she) said they only use meguiars
            Meguiars actually makes a line of products specially geared towards mercedes-benz vehicles.

I heard that their leather care products have aloe or something... all I know is that it is more than just a repackaged product
            Danny
            2002 MB CLK430

Comment

Hey,

Again, I have found the Leather Cleaner & Conditioner to be the best product overall, IMHO. However, if your leather needs a thorough cleaning, then using a dedicated leather cleaner is a good idea. Meguiar's also make a 2 step cleaner/conditioner product that does contain Aloe.

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner

And

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner

The above two products also do an excellent job as well!

Tim

Comment

Thanks Tim!

I'll look into all 3 products....
                Danny
                2002 MB CLK430

Comment

You are very welcome!

Please keep us updated!!

Tim

Comment

I like the detailer line leather cleaner/conditioner as well.
                    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Re: What method to condition MB Leather

Originally posted by mmgrad
                      I once had Mercedes-Benz detail my car, and when I got the car back, the leather seats were so soft & supple.... It felt better than a new car leather

Although, it only lasted about 1-2 days in that condition... it left me wondering what method they used to condition it to make it that soft...

I have always noticed that to. Not sure why it does that but I have experienced it with several expensive leather conditioners. Let me know how you like the meguiars products, I have never tried them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                        Hey,

Cheers!

Tim
                        I have tried only the older Detailer Leather Cleaner and Conditoner. The Yellow formula have you tried both 2hotford. ? If so how do they compare. ?

Comment

Hey Frozen,

Yes, I have tried both. I find the new product to be a little less greasy, IMHO! It gives the exact feel to the leather I prefer!

Tim

Comment

Hmm I need alot of new stuff... Meguiars Hyper Wash, Meguiars Hyper Dressing, 1gal of Poorboys Spray and Rinse Wheel cleaner. That acid based cleaner I got from a friend was to much the acid smell was so strong I dont wanna mess with that stuff. Its most likly hydroflouric acid.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');