• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steering Wheel Cracking/Wearing Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steering Wheel Cracking/Wearing Out

Yeah I'd use APC or Quik Interior. My car is also experiencing some damage on the wheel, but I think its the sun.

Comment

QID works well for cleaning steering wheels...

Quik Detailer Interior

Quik Interior Detailer Wipes

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Honda and wheelskins who makes the Honda wheel cover make some nice leather covers. I just put one in my 02 Ody. handaaccessories.com has the Honda one on sale for $29.40 + Shipping.

Comment

You guys would be surprised how MUCH dirt I pulled off when I used a MF cloth and QID on the steering wheel. The MF cloth was dirty after I was done!

I love QID!

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          QID works well for cleaning steering wheels...

Quik Detailer Interior

Quik Interior Detailer Wipes

Comment

Why have a nice leather steering wheel in the first place...if you're going to cover it up?
            The wheel in my Vette got real bad...I swappet it out for a new one. In another 20 years (if I'm/it's still around) I'll do it again.
            Use cleaner/conditioner and when it wears out in years to come...get it re covered.
            HammerDown

Comment

Can you order the car without one though? You may not have a choice of steering wheel material when you are buying a car...at least not that I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                Can you order the car without one though? You may not have a choice of steering wheel material when you are buying a car...at least not that I have ever seen.
                There again, unless we're talking about a hard core work truck like a Ford XL why would one not want a nice leather wraped wheel? If keep clean and conditioned it will last for years and years before it needs a cheap a** Wal*Mart cover
                HammerDown

Comment

Keep it friendly guys...

...we're all friends here!

Comment

LOL. Replacing a $14 cover is cheaper than a several hundred dollar steering wheel. Regardless of if you keep it cleaned and conditioned, it still wears down (much quicker in DD vehicles of course). May just not crack. To each their own. I suppose if you have that kind of money to toss around, then why not?

Besides, the OP doesn't even have a leather steering wheel! He was going to buy a leather cover.

Comment

Call me crazy but I try to keep my hands off of the top of the steering wheel for just this reason. I often drive with my hand at the top but Im really easy on it and dont grip it really hard. If im just cruising down the hw all relaxed I usually have one hand on the bottom of the wheel. Other times Ill keep them at 9 and 3 since my wheel has handles there.

haha, wow, OT..

I need to take a pic of our 94 jeep. The steering wheel looks like its rotting.
                      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');