• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

steam cleaners for interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steam cleaners for interior?

I was looking at getting a little steam cleaner type of thing for when I go to clean/shampoo interiors on my car, but I seem to be lacking on the knowledge of these things.

My dad bought this one a while back:

Products Are Perfect For Quick, Everyday Cleanup Of Dirt & Debris. Easily Tackle Whatever Life Throws At You With Our Easy To Use, Easy To Clean Vacuums. Whole Home Cleaning. Useful In Dorms & Cars. Great For Pet Parents. Lightweight & Portable.

I personally hate it, because I can't get in to clean the carpet in the foot area, nor can I clean the backseat floors, because of the size. It doesn't make good contact after a certain angle, so it won't get in and scrub or **** up moisture that you may have already sprayed down.

I'd ideally like a canister type with a hose, but I haven't a clue what to start looking for. Anyone have any recommendations that they can point me to? I'd be eternally grateful!

Re: steam cleaners for interior?

Like a Bissell Little Green Machine?
    Scott

Comment

That seems to be the popular one with the forum members. I plan on getting one in a couple weeks. Thats based on the positive responses I have heard from the forum.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Ok...I figured I'd throw it out there for opinions as to who likes what...

I have seen some "shampooing/cleaning detailer's systems" that sell for a couple grand, and I can't justify something like that if a Bissell Little Green Machine works just as well for something in the neighborhood of $100...

Comment

Just as a clarification, the term “steam cleaner” often gets confused.

A steam generator, a.k.a vapor generator or just steamer, spews hot gaseous steam, not liquid water. (See Joe’s thread: Behold the power of steam !!!)

What we all grew up calling a “steam cleaner,” basically a wet vac that’s meant to **** up cleaning solution (and usually squirts cleaning solution as well), is called an extractor.

A small extractor that’s intended to work limited areas is often called a spotter.

The Bissell LGCM and the Dirt Devil you linked are sort of small, consumer versions of extractors.

Do they work as well as commercial machines? No. Do you need them to? Apparently not, because the LGCM is very popular and lots of people get great results with them.

A commercial machine needs to work fast, on many different sized jobs, for very long hours, under heavy-duty conditions (bordering on abuse). Most enthusiasts don’t mind having to work a little longer or harder. A consumer machine is still a whole lot faster and easier than just working by hand anyway. An enthusiast only has to do carpets occasionally, not all day every day. And an enthusiast is likely to go easier on the hardware.

PC.

Comment

I have the Bissell LGCM pro heat version, works decently for me on my mobile rig. But then again I plan on upgrading this year, to what I'm not sure but I dont really have any complaints, the bissell was under $100 at WM
            Forever New
            Mobile Detailing
            Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Hey Man,
              I know where you are coming from. I have detailed cars for 8 years and here is my 2 cents. You first need to ask yourself 3 questions
              1) how srious am I going to be?
              2) How much can I spend?
              3) What do I want to accomplish?
              Personally I bought last year a Century 400 Ninja DLX 150 PSI Steam Extractor. With the detailing tools and and carpet wand (so you can expand your business when its slow) It was $2,200 OTD. That is generally more than most people are willing to spend but it is was worth it and actually good enough to be able to do houses as well. Thats just what you need when you want to make extra money on job or if a customer has a dirty area rug etc and you can clean it!!! Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM Mitey. I have had them before and they are JUNK. There cheaper price makes them tempting at first but hurts later. I would say if you can't really upgrade all the way don't or wait until you can.

Anyway this is pretty long for a forum response if you want more info. leet me know.

Jeff Burrows
              JB's Executive Detailing "Protecting your investment"

Comment

Sorry have to add this steam and vapor are the same europe calls' it vapor americans' call it steam
                Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');