• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tool For Vacuuming Interior Carpet and Mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tool For Vacuuming Interior Carpet and Mats

Het everyone.

My wife bought a new bissell vacuum yesterday and it came with what they call a turbo brush attachment. You put it on the end of the hose for doing stairs, cloth furniture. The suction of the vacuum powers it. I tried it out on the love seat that our german shepard sleeps on (lots of fur) and it worked fairly well. So today I took it out to the garage and put it on the shop vac and all I can say is that it sounds like a car turbo making full boost as I held it. It is 24.99 from Bissell. Here is a picture. hope it can be used by everyone. I know another company metro I believe.

Andrew

2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Re: New Tool For Vacuuming Interior Carpet and Mats

soap and a pressure washer are the best ways of cleaning floormats. at least this has always worked for me
    custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

cmd,

Yes it does work great but I am not going to clean them like that everytime especially if they only need vacuumed. I think this will work better than just using the brush attachment that came with most shop vacs.

andrew

Comment

Andrew, I agree with you. For everyday cleaning of the interior, I think it is a great find. I've always wanted an attachment that has brushes that turn. It doesn't take a genious to figure out that the attachment you have will clean better than a plastic one that is slid back and forth to pick up surface dirt.
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

My Dirt Devil vac came with a similar gizmo...I never thought about using it with the shop vac. I have a lab that sheds like crazy so I'm constantly tracking yellow hair onto the black carpet in my car and I have an impossible time getting it out. I'll try that out tonight. Thanks for the tip!
          "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah it works great! I use one like that (different brand but same idea) with my Dad's Shop-Vac and it works very well!
            Lydia's Mobile Detailing
            Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
            2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

cornflake_81,

You welcome for the tip. My GSD is shedding bad this year mainly because the weather can't make up its mind (hot one day cold for 2 weeks). The old love seat that she sleeps on was full of her shed fur and the turbo brush attachment on the wifes new vac did do a good job but today I did not try it with the shop vac, but I can assume that it would work better because of the added suction from the shop vac.

Andrew

Comment

You're right. I have turbo brush for my shop vac that I use on cars and it works great for hair. Especially in my wifes Jeep. With her and my two daughters and their long blonde hair, the inside of it is like a big hairball all the time!

Mike
                Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Does this brush stop spinning fairly easily if pressure it applied to it, or have you noticed that it keeps spinning and pulls stuff up well? Is it like the LGM turbobrush? I was also looking at the metro ones, but no one has said anything about those ones. Thanks a bunch.
                  Happy Corvetting

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye project car in the works...

Comment

It depends which vacuum you use it with. I've noticed normal household vacuum do not have enough power to keep it spinning, but the Shop Vac had enough power.
                    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

I noticed the samething as Lydia, household vac powers it to do a good job but the turbo brush will slowdown and possibly stop when pressed onto the fabric. With the shop vac I don't think it will be easy to stop the bristles from spinning.

A.Parshall

Comment

Thanks Lydia and onawrxhigh!
                        Happy Corvetting

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye project car in the works...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');