• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballpen mark on jaguar leather seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpen mark on jaguar leather seats

guys,

how can I remove pen marks on jaguar leather seats
    TEAMMEGUIARS CAR CARE CENTER
    Locations :Bonifacio Global City and Imus-K21
    Tel. No. 63-2-8160821
    Handphone 63-917-8213920

Pen marks can be very hard to remove from leather. And Jags are even harder because the way some of the leather is coated. Only thing I can offer is advice to be VERY carefull what you try to get it off with Its easy to damage or remove the coating on some Jag seats.

Sorry I couldnt be more help, maybe someone else will have a remedy.
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

I'd try isopropol alcohol. Test in an inconspicuous area first. Treat area with a conditioner after cleaning.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

guys,

thanks for your reply. how may % IPA should I use????? Can use a well diluted APC????
        TEAMMEGUIARS CAR CARE CENTER
        Locations :Bonifacio Global City and Imus-K21
        Tel. No. 63-2-8160821
        Handphone 63-917-8213920

Comment

Originally posted by teammgwrs
          guys,

thanks for your reply. how may % IPA should I use????? Can use a well diluted APC????
          I used it undiluted. Pour a small amount on to a white terry cloth towel and rub the spot lightly but quickly and keep using clean parts of the towel. The IPA will evaporate quickly. You may need a few applications but it should dissolve the ink and remove it. Be sure to condition the leather after this as the alcohol will dry the leather.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by DETLMAN
            Only thing I can offer is advice to be VERY carefull what you try to get it off with Its easy to damage or remove the coating on some Jag seats.
            This is very good advice. Be careful. Do not use anything that may damage the coating on your leather seats.
            FRANK CANNA
            Mirror Finish Detailing
            23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

While looking for leather products for the CLK320 I came across this website: http://www.leatherique.com./Jaguar_leather_Care.htm
              You may want to contat them, looks like they will have what you need.

Regards,
              Ed

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');