• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mold on Leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold on Leather

Recently purchased a 2003 Lexus RX 300 that had the windows rolled down for 6 months in Mississippi. Long story short, mildew on seats and some yellow discolorations.

Is there anything that can safely remove mildew and stains from leather?

thanks for your help!
    Alan

Well, it is hard to tell if the discolorations will be permanent or not.

The best thing would be to use some All-Purpose Cleaner (in the Detailer Line), and use it at a mild to medium dilution. Apply it, agitate some, etc.

Then you will want to come back with a leather conditioner to protect it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Mold on leather

I tried the all purpose cleaner, but did not seem to touch it. With desperation, tried a Mr. Clean 'magic eraser' extra strength. Figured what damage I did could not compare with how bad the mold looked!
      It did absolute wonders! At first when it was slightly damp, did not see the results I was looking for, but upon totally drying the mold faded out. Followed with a damp clean cloth, and then applied Meguiar's One Step Leather Care.
      Wonderful!
      thanks to all who tried to help me. Hopefully this will help the next person.
      Alan
      Alan

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');