• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear Coat or Ceramic Coat Peeling From Headlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Coat or Ceramic Coat Peeling From Headlight?

I just picked up my car from the shop, and noticed there is some peeling on the headlights. How would you all try and tackle this, I to deciding were to start?

The shop used that tackwrap saran wrap for protecting the fenders and it looks like it caused either my ceramic coating or clear coat to peel up. It is hard to capture in a picture but the middle/bottom is the top layer. I would guess its part of the ceramic coating that is peeling off but I have never heard of that happening.
    I have a Maguire's headlight restore kit that includes 1000 and 3000 sand paper and plastx, and I also have Maguire's ultimate compound and polish. How aggressive would you all start with? Should I just do a wet sand or try a compound first? Is the old headlight kit sealant good enough or will I need to reclear if I sand it down?

Thanks

Re: Clear Coat or Ceramic Coat Peeling From Headlight?

Give us a little more info. What's the year, make and model of car? New to you? Headlights polished/corrected before?

Comment

to me it looks like glue residue. you could try some goo gone or some WD-40 to see it it comes off. Good luck

Comment

if you have anything to fix about glue dremer and lights and much more simple it on googlethe DIY info and you will get easily result and you can fix your issue by using thank you kind regards

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');