• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Scratches

I have several very light scratches in the rear black plastic bumper of my car. Is there anyway to remove, fill or cover these light scratches?

Re: Plastic Scratches

How deep? Can be felt with your finger nail?

Are you refering to a painted plastic bumper, or the gray/black, bare textured plastic type?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I think it must be painted (?). It's the back of a 1988 Porsche 928S4. I can send a photo.

Comment

Well, you can load a photo yourself. Just have ot upload to your gallery here, and then insert the link.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have a similar issue with the gloss plastic trim at the base of the rear screen on my VW CC.
          Plenty of swirls (which are not in the paint on the car), any suggestions on how to remove the swirls?
          Is Swirl-X safe for use on gloss plastic?
          Sorry, to hijack your thread msceVA.

Comment

I have the same question as Detroit CC. I have a 2005 Mini Cooper with swirl marks on the glossy plastic A pillars on the car. The paint on the car is completely swirl-free, but this plastic looks terrible in the sun.

What can we use?

Comment

I used Mirror Glaze 17 (clear plastic cleaner) and Mirror Glaze 10 (clear plastic polish).
              it removed some of the swirls but I think more elbow grease and a few more applications will make the plastic look better.

Comment

Man I don't mean to hijack either, but this dude at my work (who has the attitude that he has done everything possible in life at only age 20) claims he can remove any scratch in plastic with a heat gun???
                Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
                ---------
                SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');