• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAST BRITE LENS RESTORE: What we already may have surmised...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAST BRITE LENS RESTORE: What we already may have surmised...

FAST BRITE LENS RESTORE

Some of you may have seen the same late night infomercial of this miraculous product that wipes away years of headlight oxidation and yellowing with one easy application that requires no sanding, buffing, or any special tools. It's all applied by hand, and apparently no passion behind the pad is required!

I was thinking of taking one for the team and ordering this product out of curiosity and posting a review, but even at the special price of $10, the $7.95 P&H made this a nearly $20 purchase and I decided to employ the awesome powers of the Google search engine instead.

At first I found glowing reviews from people claiming to be retired law enforcement personnel or who live in rural areas fraught with deer crossings. Suspiciously these reviews had links advertising the lowest prices for Fast Brite Lens Restore which when clicked, immediately deposited the reader back to the manufacturer's website. I decided to switch up my Boolean search terms and typed in Fast Brite Lens Restore complaints as opposed to reviews.

Now we're cooking. Although the first link I clicked under my revised search took me to another glowing review on doesitworktv.com, the follow-up comments following that review provide more critical evaluation of the product's claim.

But if anyone on MOL has tried Fast Brite Lens Restore, I would really like to hear an unbiased opinion of the product's effectiveness (or lack thereof).

Re: FAST BRITE LENS RESTORE: What we already may have surmised...

I too have seen those ads...as the saying goes, "Curious minds want to know."

I'm ALWAYS cautious (or is that dubious?) when I hear/see something that says something like; wipe on/wipe off, no sweat, no work, just pure magic.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
      I'm ALWAYS cautious (or is that dubious?) when I hear/see something that says something like; wipe on/wipe off, no sweat, no work, just pure magic.

Bill
      Yep. That only works for the Karate Kid (wax-on, wax-off). But even he had to put some passion behind the pad!

Comment

Not getting my money.
        Noway it works as they advertise, wipe on wipe off?
        I think not.
        Chief Engineer.
        My part time job is to maintain my black Toyota!

Comment

Put a hose to a car and watch the swirls all disappear instantly... it doesn't even take magic

Comment

My headlamps on my truck were really bad, I had to wet sand them, UC, UP and UW to get them back looking new again. (Using my DA)
            What I'm saying is it takes a lot of work to correct bad lamps, their products can't fix them with just wipe on wipe off process.
            Maybe it would work to maintain them after the correction was complete.
            Chief Engineer.

Comment

I watched the video on their website - that was funny.

Colin
              A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                I watched the video on their website - that was funny.

Colin
                If it was only that easy.
                Chief Engineer.

Comment

I would not see why not fast brite lens restorer would not work because if you use a little carb cleaner or paint thinner and wipe it on your lens it will clear your headlight.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');