• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Deal on Restoration kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Deal on Restoration kit

Just picked this up cause I couldn't pass by the deal. Amazon has the Meguiar's professional headlight restoration kit complete with tools for $290.

Re: Good Deal on Restoration kit

That's a good deal. I wish I had a compressor that could run the air tools.

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
      That's a good deal. I wish I had a compressor that could run the air tools.

Colin
      I had the same dilemma, Colin, bringing another big toy like air compressor to my basement storage wasn't my favorite thing to achieve. Therefore I use my G110v2 as an electric D/A sander.

Comment

Ay pa, $300?! Won't a few pieces of sandpaper and some PlastX or M105 with a DA/by hand suffice for most jobs?

Comment

I would agree that paper and 105 are enough for most cases. I jumped on this because I plan on using the tools for different tasks besides just headlights. Looking at the numbers to buy the different grits of paper, pads and backing plates for the d/a would be expensive as well as each tool costing $100 a piece. That same kit sells for about $300 full price of course so you could look at it as I got the tools for free or that I got all those extra supplies for $100 if I was going to buy the tools separate anyways.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');