• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

headlights not the same after polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlights not the same after polish

I have 97 subaru with headlights that looked prettty bad. I used the rain-x kit which helped but they needed more work so I bought the heavy duty kit from ADS. For those who haven't seen it, you get fine sandpaper a wool drill attachment and M105, and a foam drill attachment and plastx. I did the drivers side first and it looks band new now. The passenger side looks much, much better but not out of the box new like the other. I went back and redid all of the steps to no avail. I used a separate sheet of sandpaper for each light but did not change the water used for wetting the paper and did not clean the wool pad. Is it possible I need to use clean materials for it to work or is something else going on?
    Thanks!

Re: headlights not the same after polish

One might have been replaced. Are you the original owner?
    2012 VW GLI

Comment

I hadn't though of that. I am not the original owner.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevysLastSled View Post
        One might have been replaced. Are you the original owner?
        Good point.

I guess you will have to replace it to look even.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Finding body work is really pretty easy. Look for differences in orange peel and if painted bolts have been removed.
          In your case, look for evidence on the bumper cover, fenders and hood.
          2012 VW GLI

Comment

Originally posted by joaks View Post
            I have 97 subaru with headlights that looked prettty bad. I used the rain-x kit which helped but they needed more work so I bought the heavy duty kit from ADS. For those who haven't seen it, you get fine sandpaper a wool drill attachment and M105, and a foam drill attachment and plastx. I did the drivers side first and it looks band new now. The passenger side looks much, much better but not out of the box new like the other. I went back and redid all of the steps to no avail. I used a separate sheet of sandpaper for each light but did not change the water used for wetting the paper and did not clean the wool pad. Is it possible I need to use clean materials for it to work or is something else going on?
            Thanks!
            You should definitely take some pictures of the headlights, this will give us an idea what could be wrong.
            '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys! I'll try to get some pics up next weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');