• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing Fairing (windshield) on Motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing Fairing (windshield) on Motorcycle

My father has a 2005 Suzuki motorcycle. There are lots of scratches on the inside of the fairing. I used PlastX with the PowerBall mini and removed all the scratches. However, there is hazing now. I used PlastX and a microfiber and haven't been able to remove the haze. What should my next step be?

Fairing Before

Fairing After

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Re: Polishing Fairing (windshield) on Motorcycle

I would try using the Headlight Restoration Kit.
    But it looks great!!
    What a huge improvement!!
    Keep Up the Great Work!!
    Good Luck!!
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Hum, I'm thinking using a different pad.
      Try a finishing pad with PlastX, do a test spot before doing the whole thing.
      On my latest headlight job I finished with a cheap foam pad and had no hazing.

Comment

Thanks Mario. That's what I was thinking.

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');