• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine dressing

Hello as far as I know we can not get hyper dressing here in Canada so i was wondering what people thought about using tire foam in the engine compartment to shine up the parts.

Re: engine dressing

I'd stick to a water based product for engine dressing (nothing with petroleum, jelly, etc. in it)

Comment

I've used tire foam quite a few times with no issues. Works pretty good too. Water based would be optimal IMO. Armor-All?

Comment

I have used M40 on the hoses in the engine bay. Works great!
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

maybe you can get CD-2 north of the border, not a Meg's product but works pretty well

Comment

you can look into interior vinyl/rubber dressings as well. The petroleum based products will not cause harm at first, it's just with repeated use they will actually dry out hoses and such which might cause cracking and leakes, but at the same time, it might not. It's a just a safety precaution I personally take.

Comment

I do use the no touch product on my engine compartment but ,be aware that they contain silicones that will totally wreck any repaint that needs to be done at a body shop. The aerosol floats to the fenders and other painted surfaces. I had a truck that was hit by flying debris off of a rock truck , and it was repainted.....after they stripped the paint to bare metal. They painted the first time .....what a mess. Just a heads up in case they haven't changed their contents. 45/70SS

Comment

Hi,
                The very important step is to prepare your engine clean . You must cover all sensors, the distributor, spark plug openings and any electrical devices that have the potential for water accumulation . Use plastic baggies to cover these items. Be sure to use tape or rubber bands to hold the plastic bags in place.The engine environment should already be waterproof.
                car gadgets

Comment

Hyper Dressing is available in Canada,from a supplier in Edmonton.
                  Here is their website.......

No affiliation.
                  I got so mad at a girl who was texting while she was driving,that I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');