• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can i clean my motor and with what??(pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how can i clean my motor and with what??(pics)

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
    that looks really nice i cant wait to do to my engine compartment,thanks

no problem...the only thing with #40 is that it takes a long time to dry if you were to just liberally spray it on and let it air dry (as you would do with hyper dressing)..soi for #40, i spray some onto a brush and apply the dressing manually that way, and as you can see from the picture i posted, thats what i comes out like
    Addicted

Comment

If you're hesitant about using a hose under your hood, as I tend to be, you could try a rinseless clean-up job. From the looks of it your motor isn't too dirty so you could probably get by with going rinseless, especially if your car is a daily driver. Pics and description of my method:

How to choose and use the correct products to clean and dress engines, components, and engine compartments
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

yea it a daily driver and i am a little hesitant do use a hose under the hood since this will be my first time detailing a motor

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');