• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyper Dressing Under the hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper Dressing Under the hood

No pics but just some words about the process. Dig cam was out of juice. I used Hyper Dressing on all the plastic and hoses. It turned out great. I only spent about 10-15 minutes and had dramatic results. I don't really offer an engine detail due to the liability involved.

Give it a try. I'll post some pics next time.

Anyone with tips or ideas please pass them on.

Having to deal with one of the most volitile engine bays around i always play it safe. I have found that a simply application of meguiars extra cleaner and a terry towel does a great job with almost no risk. Spray it on, let it sit and minute, then go after it with several towels. Never had to introduce any water. Then just spray it with your dressing of choice. I have done this with a few BMW's and Mercedes. Took about an hour and had great results without a worry in the world.

That is the setup I like to use. Though not as thurough as a power wash. There is almost no risk and it leaves a great result.

Comment

1999 Suburban ,125,000 miles I hosed it down then sprayed with APC ,rinse then sprayed with Hyper and let it soak a while then wiped a little.
      Last edited by Mojo1; Feb 5, 2005, 06:44 AM.
      2004 MY C5 ,2005 SLK350[BLACK],.1999 Black Suburban .

Comment

Thanks for reply. I think that turned out great. I still use the hyper dressing only with no water yet.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
          Thanks for reply. I think that turned out great. I still use the hyper dressing only with no water yet.
          You mean you use it straight ? Wow pretty strong stuff.Cant remember what I mixed that at some where around 8 -1 H2o to HD.
          Last edited by Mojo1; Feb 5, 2005, 07:14 AM.
          2004 MY C5 ,2005 SLK350[BLACK],.1999 Black Suburban .

Comment

Water meant spraying the engine down with water to wash. Man if the Hyper dressing wasn't diluted I think it would look like crisco smeared all over the place. I knew what I was trying to type, but it came out totally wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');