• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#40 on Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #40 on Engines

I am planning on doing a couple of details at the end of this week/weekend when the weather is finally going to warm way up here in the Great White North. I did the interiors last week and plan on doing the exteriors this time and hopefully the engine bays as well. I was wondering if I can use M40 on the engine bay to dress it, haven't gotten any Hyper Dressing yet, I'll pick some up next time I'm in the States. What are the experiences with 40 on the engine, one car is new, but the engine's never been cleaned, the other is a couple of years old and never been cleaned. I also don't have any APC or D-Greaser yet, again being in Canada and just starting, it's tough to find, any recommendations on a cleaner that's easy to find up here? Or can I use some car wash soap? Thanks, this will be the first time I've ever washed an engine.

Re: #40 on Engines

To keep it simple you could just use a strong solution of dish washing soap mixed with water, something like Dawn will cut through all the grease and grime. Find a variety of brushes that will get into the tight areas to agitate the soap and then rinse really well. Sometimes you'll get better results by repeating this 2-3 times depending upon how grimy the engine bay is.

M40 is a water based dressing and you can use it to dress the engine bay, shake the product well before using and then apply to any plastic or rubber components and work in and then wipe off any excess, gather some clean terry cloth rags or cut up some old but clean terry cloth towels and use these to both apply and wipe off any excess product when you're done.

Some people would spray this product or similar products on and then just walk away and let the excess settle and dry up, kind of personal choice and how much effort you want to put into the job.

Some people will also apply this to painted areas like fenders wells or the firewall, you can do this but be sure to wipe off any excess for a uniform appearance, you could also apply a wax to these areas if you can access them easily enough, just depends upon how far you want to go to make the engine compartment look good.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: #40 on Engines

Mike Phillips said it well of course. I was just posting to let you know #40 is what I always use on engines and I think it works great. I usually just mist it on the engine parts that need it (avoiding belts of course), leave it to set for a little while, then wipe off the excess.
      Lydia's Mobile Detailing
      Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
      2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');