• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What questions should a new client be asking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What questions should a new client be asking?

Before you touch my vehicle , what should I as a client asking asking you, other than what does the package cost?

What should the detailer be pointing out about my car and how it is maintained now, as compared to how it should be maintained, after you detail it?

Re: What questions should a new client be asking?

Originally posted by BlkBear
    Before you touch my vehicle , what should I as a client be asking you, other than what does the package cost?
    If I were to pay someone to detail my car knowing what I know now, here's what I would ask...
    • * What are you going to use on my car?
      * What kind of chemicals?
      * What kind of machines if any?
      * What kind of buffing pads?

I wouldn't let anyone use cheap chemicals, wool pads or even a rotary buffer if I didn't think they were qualified. If I did think they were qualified to use a rotary buffer and my car needed to be buffed with one of these to remove the defects, then I would want to see some of the detailers previous work.

What should the detailer be pointing out about my car and how it is maintained now, as compared to how it should be maintained, after you detail it?
    • * Visual inspection, they should point out surface defects and whether or not they would be removing them.
      * Sense of touch inspection - feeling for bonded contaminants and if discovered, explaining to the customer what they are and how they're going to use detailing clay to remove them.
      * A little bit about the products and process they use to correct the problems, restore the gloss and lock in the shine.
      * A time frame and a price

After doing the work the detailer should either tell you how to take care of their hard work, things like recommend a car wash and type of wash mitt, drying towels etc to help their customers take care of their hard work, or if they offer a maintenance program that includes washing cars they should offer this to you.

Those are some ideas just off the top of my head...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'd agree with everything Mike has said. Make sure you know ahead of time what can and cannot be removed. Also, if you have some particular spots you would liked to be worked on, point that out to them.

Also, if swirl removal is something you would like, make sure you voice this. Many detailers and car wash shops won't even try to remove swirls. They will simply wash the car, maybe use some clay, and then wax it, with no attempt at polishing simply because it takes more time. If you are interested in getting swirls removed then tell the detailer that so that he will make an effort to polish the car. However, many will charge much more for this.

Chris
      Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Re: What questions should a new client be asking?

It's a good sign when the pro detailer begins by asking the new client more about how their vehicle is maintained now. That's always a good way to lead the client into asking questions about the actual detailing process, products and intended results.
        FRANK CANNA
        Mirror Finish Detailing
        23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Re: Re: What questions should a new client be asking?

Originally posted by mirrorfinishman
          It's a good sign when the pro detailer begins by asking the new client more about how their vehicle is maintained now. That's always a good way to lead the client into asking questions about the actual detailing process, products and intended results.
          I agree with this 100% . If the detailer is asking you more questions then you could ask him thats a good sign.
          Success is based on the quality of the job done !

Comment

If he shows up in a bright red truck with sign on the side that says "Blah, Blah, Blah's Mobile Detailing" and it's covered with buffer swirls, that's a bad sign.

(I was actually parked near one of these recently.)

PC.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');