• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q's on detailing engine on a 94 Vette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q's on detailing engine on a 94 Vette?

I’m detailing a 94 Vette soon and remember seeing a thread about engine detailing. In the thread they mentioned about early 90’s Vette’s and the engine problems that developed from cleaning them. Is there any truth to this or just someone’s bad luck with to much water? I don’t do a lot of engines anymore since I’ve been doing it my self, but I've done quite a few when I was working at a detail shop and then a car dealership with maybe only one or two problems. Although I have heard many horror stories, and I guess it makes me timid being on my own now.. If anyone wants to share their methods on engine cleaning or tips on the Vette engines, as to what to cover and so on it would be great.This is a customer I know personally and already did his boat and now have the Vette and other cars to do so I really want to do the engine to really make the Vette stand out.

Thanks for any help,
    Chubs

I clean mine the old-school way, with kerosene and blue shop towels. It's cheap, very effective on oily grime, and involves no water.
    Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

The safest approach to engine detailing is using an all purpose cleaner and a rag to get into all of the nooks and crannies of an engine compartment. This keeps the water away from the engine and lowers your liability. Hyper dressing does a good job of making all of the engine plastic and rubber look like new to finish it off.

Comment

Be very careful in a Lt1 corvettes engine bay. There are many things exposed that do not respond well to water. I used a light degreaser and a rag. Also a spray bottle with water and a wet vac works very well. You might want to ask in the c4 section of corvetteforum.com. They know the c4's from top to bottom.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');