• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to handle breaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to handle breaks?

hey guys, i was wondering how you more experienced professionals handle taking breaks while detailing?

keeping in mind that i am mobile (but sometimes take cars to my house.) what would your recommendation be for taking a lunch break?

thanks, Sincerely
    Tyler.

I pick up people's cars and bring them back to my place. So when it comes to breaks I usually don't take one unless I am thirsty.

Comment

Re: how to handle breaks?

Is it strange to ask a client to use their restroom......
      http://www.firstcoastautodetailing.com

Comment

that is normally how i handle it, not taking breaks except to drink some water. but during a 12 hour detail (unless you've found your groove) it hits you pretty hard.
        thank you for answering so quickly.

i don't think it is. if you've got to go then you've got to go. most of my clients have offered their restroom to me.

Comment

If I know the detail will be anything over 5 hrs, I have a little cooler I keep some drinks in. Usually throw a sandwich and bag of chips in with it. If I am rolling along I usually don't eat or forget o. I have it if I do get hungry though. Working long periods of time in hot weather will drain you quick and you have to replenish with liquids and some calories.

Comment

every two hours is the law.
            It's smart to take a break, from anything.
            You need to re-hydrate, eat and check emails.
            usually after I wash n clay I'll break, let the water run off the car.
            Then after paint work or half way between I'll break.
            After cleaning half the interior I'll break too.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');